Retroreflective shader issues

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

c.kiesman89

Retroreflective shader issues

Post by c.kiesman89 »

At first I thought it was just me, but than I saw others that use zmodeler, as well as a few blender guys have an issue with the retroreflective shader.

On import of anything that uses this material, the mesh that uses it will have one uv layer, as I believe it should considering its a diffuse material. Export gives no errors, however when using the truck, we get this error:

26:15:47.322 : <ERROR> [dx11] Unable to map attribute (v.factor)
26:15:47.322 : <ERROR> [dx11] Failed to create vertex input layout!

Parts of the mesh also get distorted at certain camera angles, which is usually directly related to an improper amount of uv channels. I haven't ever seen the v.factor error before, so I'm unsure of what it actually is. The truck in question is the new cascadia from scs, and the part that uses this material is the reflectors on the back of the sleepers. When a different material is assigned to them, or the part itself it deleted, the error goes away.

Is this retroreflective shader something new that maybe just isn't getting imported correctly? There's nothing special in the original mat to make me think that's the case, but I figured I'd ask.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Retroreflective shader issues

Post by Oleg »

it looks like this material requires some per-vertex information to be exported (like reflectivity power assigned on per-vertex level). However, by importing "speed_camera_est" model file (it uses "retroreflective" shader) I have not located anything unusual. As well as exported model has the same vertices data layout as original and nearly matching file size.

In short, this error looks a bit strange assuming the exported geometry is very the same as original.
c.kiesman89

Re: Retroreflective shader issues

Post by c.kiesman89 »

I completely forgot I made this post. The truck in question is the new freightliner cascadia. All I was doing is adding a logo to the side of the truck, and not touching the retroreflective mat in any way. It seemed strange to me for sure.