Splines

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

camarors51

Splines

Post by camarors51 »

Why can't I create a loft surface on splines? I could do this in ZMod 2, but it's not working in ZMod 3.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Splines

Post by Oleg »

Unfortunately, it is not implemented in ZModeler3.
camarors51

Post by camarors51 »

Will it be in the future?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I can't say yet. I thought surfaces created from splines should be "interactive", so you can edit spline and have generated surface update it automatically. But this is quite complex to handle and manage together with other objects. That is why loft/revolve surfaces are not made yet.

It's not that hard to utilize code from ZModeler2 to generate arbitrary geometry objects out of splines with no "interactive editing feature" actually.
camarors51

Post by camarors51 »

Interactive would be nice, but I'd be happy just being able to UNDO the surface creation and tweak the spline then create surface again. I'm currently having to create tubes in Blender (which I don't like using nearly as well as ZModeler3), and then import them to ZMod.
Eugene

Post by Eugene »

Hello Oleg. Could you revisit this instrument? Or atleast utilize the code from ZM2.
It's very usefeul, even without the ability of interactive editing.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I'll put this in my todo list. Unfortunately, I'm currently solving some other tasks (not related to ZModeler) and can't give any promise or time frame.