how to remove a part and make it an accesory

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderator: Oleg

kartal2339

how to remove a part and make it an accesory

Post by kartal2339 »

hi... i have a custom truck and i wanna add changeble dashpanel so i must convert it to an accesory ..there is a video for blender but i cant find for zmod3 ..can you help please?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: how to remove a part and make it an accesory

Post by Oleg »

in general all the steps will be the same. you need to
1. copy an object;
2. create a new dummy node (primitives panel, dummy node). give it a name like "dash_std" (standard dashpanel)
3. move in hierarchy one of these objects (original or a copy) to the new dummy node with Drag&Drop method. Mind to hold CTRL key before dropping an object. The object will change its location, jumping into a different place of the truck in viewports, its OK.
4. convert the second object into dummy: right-click->convert to->dummy. (this will be accessory mount point), give a desired name to it, e.g. "dash"
5. export your truck model. (it will not have dash geometry now, only dash dummy node / mounting point for accessory)
6. export dash_std model file and mind to tick option "default variants" in export window.

now you have your truck model files exported and dash_std model files exported. All you have to do is to configure *.sii file for the new accessory. This is beyond the scope of ZModeler tasks, and quite likely you can do the steps shown on blender accessory video.
kartal2339

Post by kartal2339 »

Thanks very very much... And how can i export two object from 1 hierarchy?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

an exporter will export one branch of hierarchy. The one that starts with the object named the same way as the file you are exporting into. So, it is OK to have a hierarchy that has "truck" and "dash_std" branches. The only thing you need to pay attention to, is geometry and material variations (states) that will be exported. There is no way to specify variations/looks per-file, ZModeler will always export all states (variations/looks) available. The only exception - toggling "Default variants" option that will disable all states and export "default" variant/paint look only.
kartal2339

Post by kartal2339 »

Hi.. Oleg i tried many times but i couldnt... İs it possible to make a short video for this please?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may be you can record a short video showing what you do and I'll specify what to my opinion is made wrong there?
kartal2339

Post by kartal2339 »

my licence just finished...:((
Larzen

Post by Larzen »

Hello. when i put the model in the dummy helper in hierarchy it doesent move. is that a problem?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what exactly do you mean by "it doesn't move" ?
Larzen

Post by Larzen »

it does not change its location when i drop it in the "node" :P
Larzen

Post by Larzen »

Iam trying to make a sideskirt a accesory. i have followed this guide but when i drop the copy of the sideskirt in the dummyhelper the sideskirt doesnt change location
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you should hold CTRL key down when you drag and drop an object.