Problem with Default Variant

SCS Software ATS and ETS2 editing using ZModeler3 filter. Models, Materials, Animation.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

Problem with Default Variant

Postby crisan121 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:47 am

Hello.
I am trying to export a trailer that has the Defaultpart and the brace_on with the Default variant but the zmod does not export the variant, when importing it, Defaultpart and brace_on do not have the Default variant. What can i do?
Thank you
crisan121

Re: Problem with Default Variant

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:57 am

i can't remind how exactly this should be done, but you can assign default variant manually before exporting. This can be done by converting "defaultpart" and "brace_on" to "Compound" with all variant\states toggled off. this will give them a state in a list named "Default". If I'm not mistaken, this is a must for one of brace_on and brace_off, so one of them is invisible by default; not sure whether this is a case for defaultpart group.

alternatively, create a state named "Default" and assign it into group/branches that need to be associated with this state.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby crisan121 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:59 am

It does not work to me in any way, and neither does it allow me to add a variant in the collision of a truck. I downloaded again the program (32 and 64 bits) and i have the same problems...
crisan121

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:10 am

explain your problem with several screenshots please, on what you do, and what exactly is not going the right way.

Edit: Native default variant might not get exported, you should create a user-state variant named "Default" manually, if you need it to be exported explicitly.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby crisan121 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:21 am

Before export the mod

After export and import the mod again
crisan121

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:51 am

fixed. get an update.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby crisan121 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:34 am

Still have the same problem...
crisan121

Postby Oleg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:59 am

got an update? what is your scs seoft prism 3d.zmf version? (settings->plugins->manager) ?

also, if you have identical collision box for variant "A" and for variant "B" as separate objects, exporter will merge them into single object. Objects featuring in all possible variants (A, B, C) were loaded as non-compound collision components, the recent fix forces them to be loaded as compounds with state A+B+C on them. I've tested it on simple boxes and it works as expected.

collision will not be created as compound, if your scene contains just one variant at all.
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to ATS and ETS2 by SCS Software