Performance drop after Windows security update

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderators: Oleg, madga182

Performance drop after Windows security update

Postby KingScania » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:59 am

Hello Oleg.

I installed the Windows security update that was issued because of the whole "Kernel meltdown" thing, where especially Intel CPU's could be easily hacked, and since then i have heavy performance drops. It doesnt matter if its a highpoly model or the standard models of any game ZM3 can import files from, it just stutters all over the place and freezes from time to time.
And to add to that, i cant even load in new textures or refresh existing ones.
Are you expiriencing the same? If you want, i can record a video for you to see what i mean.

Best regards, Manu.
KingScania

Re: Performance drop after Windows security update

Postby Oleg » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Do you run the latest version 3.2.0 ?

if you do, give a try to older version (3.1.5) http://www.zmodeler3.com/files/zmodeler3.zip
and let me know whether it suffers the same problem or not.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby KingScania » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:39 pm

Sorry for not answering so long Oleg, i had a couple of problems that took my attention, but now i can concentrate on my hobbies again.

I tried both versions now, 3.15 is even laggier. I dont know what the problem is, i think Windows majorly screwed up something 3d related.
KingScania

Postby Oleg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 am

have you tried different video drivers? glad to hear 3.1.5 has the same lagging, as 3.2.0 update includes binary code changes (protection shield) that I can't access/improve or modify. assuming performance drop is not related to this code. Also, have you checked zmodeler3.exe process CPU usage when you see it lagging much? does it reaches 100% (25% on four-core CPU)?
Oleg
Site Admin

Return to ZModeler3 General discussion