How to make textures smaller?

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderators: Oleg, madga182

How to make textures smaller?

Postby maybach123 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:27 pm

I have a texture for a perforated car speaker in zmodeler that came with the model. Zmodeler has made the texture so each individual hole on the speaker (which should be tiny) is about the size on the entire speaker. How do I make it smaller?
maybach123

Re: How to make textures smaller?

Postby Oleg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:08 am

screenshot(s) might help me understand your question properly...
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby maybach123 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:03 am

Oleg wrote:screenshot(s) might help me understand your question properly...

here is the suede on the roof of the interior. See how it has blown up the actual texture and lost most of its resolution.
maybach123

Postby Oleg » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 am

edit uv-mapping to make uv-chart bigger than texture fragment. if possible, use tileable texture for the roof so you can resize uv chart out of the bounds of texture itself and it will tile with micro-texture details. I don't see your entire texture you use and can't give any other advice without seeing the actual texture and mapping used.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby maybach123 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 am

Oleg wrote:edit uv-mapping to make uv-chart bigger than texture fragment. if possible, use tileable texture for the roof so you can resize uv chart out of the bounds of texture itself and it will tile with micro-texture details. I don't see your entire texture you use and can't give any other advice without seeing the actual texture and mapping used.

Do you have a tutorial on here on how to do that. I have no idea on how to do what you are suggesting :?. Also are you referring to making a template or is this something I do in the texture browser
and here is a smaller version of the same picture i sent you. see how the texture looks blown up on the roof of the interior
maybach123

Postby maybach123 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Solved the issue
maybach123

Return to ZModeler3 General discussion