ZModeler UV bug

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

ParadoxicHF

ZModeler UV bug

Post by ParadoxicHF »

My uvs for my objects all look fine in blender and 3dsmax but when i imported into zmodeler it fked it up the texture still works but the entire uv is a mess i am at my wits end i have tried 4 softwares and its only Zmodeler that has this issue where the uv is all messed up
Last edited by ParadoxicHF on Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParadoxicHF

Re: ZMODELER UV BUG

Post by ParadoxicHF »

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZMODELER UV BUG

Post by Oleg »

Toggle off "continuous mesh surface" when you use "Edit UV" tool in first place. If you've used Edit UV and got a this, then UV is already messed, you need to re-import the model.

"continuous mesh surface" stitches geometry topology to generate uniform continuous surface in UV Mapper window. In most of cases, this should not be used, as mesh cuts have been likely made to separate surfaces on UV chart for proper mapping.
ParadoxicHF

Re: ZModeler UV bug

Post by ParadoxicHF »

OMG THANKS MY SAVIOUR
ParadoxicHF

Post by ParadoxicHF »

It has fixed it thank you so much
ParadoxicHF

Post by ParadoxicHF »

But also sometimes i dont know why theres a uv bug
ParadoxicHF

Post by ParadoxicHF »

Eg when i attach items tgt using the same UV's sometimes it gets overloaded and the Uvs just gets messed up
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

not sure what you mean... mind, the UV in ZModeler is bound to the vertex, not polygon. if you have adjacent polygons that use different areas of texture (mapped to their vertices), you cant attach/weld vertices on a common edge of these polygons, as you will get one vertex instead of two vertices at the same position (in case of a common edge 4 vertices -> 2 vertices), and as a result, the associated point will have 1 UV point on texture.
ParadoxicHF

Post by ParadoxicHF »

Not sure if its an attachment problem but i spilt a truck into sides and back for uv mapping but when i attach them to one object it seems to mess up the uv
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Using Modify\Attach does not affect uv-mapping. however, using modify\submesh\weld does.