Reverting Zmodeler to previous version

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

badKarmaDK

Reverting Zmodeler to previous version

Post by badKarmaDK »

After the latest update I'm having problems using my z3d files created before October 7 and exporting them ro ets2. They seem to be corrupted or at least something goes wrong on export.
Everything seems fine inside Zmodeler but some of the models exported are wired looking with polys in the wrong places. I even have exported one that seems to crash ETS 2 without treace in the log.
Last night I noticed how my PC became laggy and YouTube on my second screen became all blurry and laggy when I equiped the model inside the shop in ETS 2 and when I exited the shop it CTD without log entry.

As this may be a rather big issue to fix or even diagnose I was wondering if there is a way to revert Zmodeler to a previous update as everything worked like a charm before the update on October 7.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Reverting Zmodeler to previous version

Post by Oleg »

There were no recent changes that could be causing issues for the game. The most recent update was on october 3rd and is related to "Mod folder" selection not matching the actual folder you export into. It does not affect the geometry/material files creation at all. The update prior to this one is related to materials with .iamod extension, used on buildings and prefabs only.

I advise to backup current mod that causes problems and try these filters (oldest to newest in a list). You can try them in reverse order to find the one that can export you a good model. once you succeed, send me both mods for comparison.

(very old)
https://www.zmodeler3.com/updates/files ... 718_x64.gz
(the one before recent update)
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

This is the model ingame in the shop. All looks fine and in place.

This is the same model ingame with what ever differences the game makes when it spawns models in the "world"

The model that causes CTD the moment I purchase it and the game engine tries to spawn it outside the shop.

I have now tried the 4 newest filters on the list and no succes.

I had the model of the Mitsubishi cooler working just fine but I needed to adjust the placement a little and exported it once more. That's when all the problems started. Can it be an issue originating from merging models together perhaps? Or maybe z3d filer can become corrupt somehow while working on them?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Does game.log.txt say something related to your model?
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

No unfortunately not. Not a clues why it CTD when I use the coller model. And no idea why the other model looks wierd. But thanks for trying to find a fix :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

does removing the mitsubishi box makes model work fine?
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

The Mitsubishi box is a separate model. Is not part of the truck. The locker on the other side as well. Both are accessories. And yes, if I don't use the Mitsubishi box the game won't CTD
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i haven't noticed the "what ever differences the game makes" on the second screenshot with the storage box and no mitsu box. it looks like the issue is related to accessories rather than to the truck itself, am I right?
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

Correct. The pmd file for the truck is working fine.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you send me the mitsu box accessory mod?
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

Of cource. I have sent you a PM
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Get an update, the issue should be fixed now.
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

Just tested the new update, both as an update and as a new package. Unfortunatelys my problem still exist. I only tried with the locker on the right side. Still looks ok inside the shop and wierd when spawned "on the street". I also noticed, that even though the locker doesn't cause CTD immediately, it will crash if I shut the game down and restart it with the accessory on the truck. I even tried to import the model to check it and somehow the truckpaint.mat part of the model only has 1 UV channel even though I exported it with 3 UV channels.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make sure you've tested version 3.2.1.473
export and re-import with a model utilizing just one UV channel can give 1 UV on re-import, this is a correct scenario. Even if an associated truckpaint material has UV#3 set on DETAIL2 texture slot. That's exactly what was addressed in the most recent update.
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

I have now tried everything you suggested. Running as admin, scs prism 3.2.1.473, started a brand new z3d file.
As soon as I finish the work with editing the materials, textures etc and export, I get a CTD.

And the wierd thing is, that I had it working before the second to last update.

This image is taken on October 12,I made some small adjustments to the model on the 13. and since then I have not been able to export a working model for ETS2.
I saw you mention an issue regarding setting UV 3 for truckpaint mat. Maybe this issue is not completely solved. I tried exporting a test model of my cooling unit yesterday, same geometry but only using Default Material. It was working fine in ETS2 and didn't get me a CTD.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you send me the mod with mitsu box only? the latest one that you've exported and it's causing CTD.

also, what happens if you put this box into the truck itself (as a regular object into Defaultpart hierarchy, not as addon stand-alone file). does the game crashes as soon as you pick this truck?

does your export utilize "automat" folder option? or do you assign material file names (and folders) explicitly in ZModeler using upper-left tree of materials editor?
badKarmaDK

Post by badKarmaDK »

Problem fixed. I had an epiphany last knight and tried something. Apparently I was using the UV channels in truckpaint.mat wrong. I apologize, I guess it was all a failure on my end :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may you please describe in detail what was set (or done) wrong causing the game to crash? In general, any exported model should not cause game crash, so I want to examine this problematic scenario a bit more closer.