ZModeler3 GTA IV / .wft support

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Algonquin_Hood

ZModeler3 GTA IV / .wft support

Post by Algonquin_Hood »

Hello:
I was wondering if we could ever count on .wft support on ZModeler3, as there is still people modding the game. ZModeler3 is superior compared to ZModeler2, and it would be nice to have more modern and bug-free tools for the game. Best regards
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZModeler3 GTA IV / .wft support

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Unfortunately, GTA4 filter is quite complex to be recreated for ZModeler3. Filters can't be ported from ZModeler2 to ZModeler3, in most of cases they have to be written from scratch.
Algonquin_Hood

Post by Algonquin_Hood »

Thank you for the reply.
I am aware that process like this takes effort, after all the years of using both programs it is clear that ZModeler3 is something completly different than ZModeler2. A good friend of mine did mention that he asked for this exact feature and there was the question of "Is there even a demand for this?",
but I can assure you that there is lots of people that would use ZModeler3 for .wft purposes, me and many other people would be interested (e.g. https://www.gtainside.com/gta4/cars-all/ )
I'm not trying to persuade you into doing it, but I want you to see this as a honest recommendation. People modding IV only have ZModeler2 and 3DS Max, the latter not accessible to public.
With ZModeler3 there is a market that would be filled.
Best regards
13stewartc

Post by 13stewartc »

Would love for this to be a supported format! I have always wanted to mod GTA IV, but ZModeler 2 is far to difficult to use because of its issues. A modern solution would be nice to have for a game that still has a very active modding scene! :)