Add a sticky function?

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Yoha

Add a sticky function?

Post by Yoha »

Hi Oleg,
How about add a sticky function on the popup panel?
I made a screenshot, you can check it below.
The reason why I want this sticky function is, sometimes, I need change setting on this popup panel frequently.
And as you know, when we move to another panel, this popup panel will hide automatically.
So I have to click the arrow and open it again.

But if this popup panel can be sticked, then it can reduce some click.

Here is the screenshot:
Thanks~~
pin_icon.png
pin_icon.png (1.64 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
ZM3 suggestion.png
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Add a sticky function?

Post by Oleg »

The flyout window has no its own space for this button, it has only tiny border and the rest of inner space is for tool's options window. Yet it could be possible to draw over some tool's options window, but it's not that good idea. Alternatively, I could make a global settings (for all tools) to show options in regular window (with small caption bar and pin+close buttons on top). This window will not disappear automatically and will hide when tool is deselected.

Also, (alternatively) I can see a better choice - when an options window starts to disappear, it make s first fade to 50% of transparency and delays for a while before fading to zero. If you hover an options window with mouse, it will revert back to regular non-transparent state. An idea is to disable fading after it was "reverted" this way, so you will need to revert it non-transparent state only once (meaning, "no, I need it to be shown; don't fade away") and ZModeler will keep it up until you deselect the tool. ZModeler could remember your choice for "keep visible" and "allow to fade" on per-tool basis, so options you don't need to stay will fade in a regular way.
Yoha

Re: Add a sticky function?

Post by Yoha »

Play with the fading effect, that is a very smart idea!
Look forward to the future update. :)