CDevice9::BeginScene failed [The method call is invalid. For

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

Hobby-Trucker

CDevice9::BeginScene failed [The method call is invalid. For

Post by Hobby-Trucker »

For some days I am working on components for my 3D printer. Today I get the following messages that repeat over and over again, if I want to edit my parts with "vertex" and it is no longer possible to do anything in the program.

ZModeler is ready.
CDevice9::BeginScene failed [The method call is invalid. For example, a method's parameter may not be a valid pointer.], last error: 1400

AND the "open" window takes 1 minute and longer to open. That's not normal.
whats going on here?
I do not feel like having to start all over again because there is always something wrong with the program

For some days I am working on components for my 3D printer. Today I get the following messages that repeat over and over again, if I want to edit my parts with "vertex" and it is no longer possible to do anything in the program.
whats going wrong here?
I do not feel like having to start all over again because there is always something wrong with the program

current version 3.2.1 (build 1190)
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: CDevice9::BeginScene failed [The method call is invalid.

Post by Oleg »

The geometry of an object (or several objects) might be corrupt. If possible, make an export(s) of your scene to backup geometry in a different format (may be several different formats like .obj and .dae as backup could be fine). Then restart ZModeler and import your models again. it will re-create objects geometry for ZModeler objects.

Also, as a test, try installing 32-bit version of ZModeler and let me know whether it has this problem or not.
Hobby-Trucker

Post by Hobby-Trucker »

In the meantime, I also tried a few things and deleted a part (poligons) of the last edited part.
Since then it works again. But the above mentioned tips can not be done right now.
If the error occurs again, which I hope not, I will contact you again
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

if you have a .z3d file (with problematic object) send me the file and specify an object. I'll check what could be wrong there. I assume ZModeler tries to render some bad data and DirectX or video driver falls down. Then video drive gets automatically restored, but ZModeler can't render via restored driver. That's how it looks to me at the moment.
Hobby-Trucker

Post by Hobby-Trucker »

u got a PM with downloadlink for z3d file
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I could not reproduce the problem with this error in a log. however, your object worth to be validated with Modify\Clear object click on this object. It has one degradated polygon and one disjoint vertex.