zm3 is freezing

Troubleshooting gudes, solutions and other ZModeler3-related discussion

Moderator: Oleg

truckercech

zm3 is freezing

Post by truckercech »

i have imported 3d model from 3d max (obj filke) and original model for ets2

when i work with model its look ok but zmodeler start be a freezing when im trying work on texturing ...
i send it to my friend and when he try work on my model his zmodeler get freeze aswell...

only helping to close app and when window about save or not save appear, than click cancel and again i can work for couple seconds :D

so whats wrong???

have ryzen 2600, gtx 1070, ssd 3200mbs 16gb 3200mhz CL14 ram.... so pc is not peace of shit:D ...
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: zm3 is freezing

Post by Oleg »

most likely you have way too many objects in UV Mapper. I assume "work on texturing" is the UV-mapping process you mention. Mind, an .obj model created by 3dsMax has a disjoint vertices, so you might got your model loaded with all vertices being split apart. An attempt to create/edit UV Mapping for such a model can cause creation of one object per each triangle (of original model) inside UV Mapper.

Make sure you import .obj file with "optimize vertices" option toggled on.

Also, toggle wireframe option and wireframe outline option in (perspective) viewport and spin the model. You should see a geometry in light grey wireframe with solid black wireframe lines on mesh open edges/borders or texture seams only. This is a correct model look in wireframe+outline mode. (attach a screenshot of perspective view if you don't get what is said above, so I can take a look).
truckercech

Post by truckercech »

itried obj and 3ds file from 3d max import to zm3 but no luck...still freezing in uv map viewport if i want to move and edit object..... i cutted my object for smaller peaces (my truck cabin i cutted for each side, so cabin is not as single object) and still freezing. also now i dont know why but if i put my object to texture, in 3d viewport is showing my texture is verticaly flipped....
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

what is a poly and vertices count on an object that puts UV Mapper (and ZModeler) to freeze? Can you post a screenshot of Perspective view of your geometry? Concerning the texture - once you assign a texture to material, ZModeler is likely to show this texture on a mesh ig your geometry mesh has some UV-mapping available. An UV mapping can make texture to be laid over the mesh in almost any way you like, so vertically flipped texture is OK.

Meanwhile, the UVMapper (compared to front and side views in ZModeler) has vertical axis pointing downward. So if you generate UV Mapping for some part in side view, it is OK to show texture flipped vertical. You can always mirror/rotate objects inside UVMapper to adjust texture layout on an associated mesh.
truckercech

Post by truckercech »

yesterday i after month holyday from zmodeler (i had enought of not working software) yesterday i downloaded zmodeler again..i bought another licence for 3 months....

and guess what...yes its still with bugs! :D ...sometimes i open zmodeler and its not properly load viewports, they have black background...if idraw by mouse just with simple click so it stay there on black backgrounds....ok if i run software maybe on thrid run, its load good...so i open my project from last time and what happened?? ha! program close itself!!
:D :D :D

im done with this software :D :D :D i think better than cry is keep laugh :D ..... thats not normal :D sorry :D ....

when i sttarted using zm3 few months ago i could export model into scs format and it worked in ets2 but without texture..after few days trying and consultation with mod makers for ets2 i tryied reinstall zm3 and guess what...yes! my model worked with just added texture! so yes it was problem of software not by myself! :D :D .....now i try on some old pc and i will see...maybe ryzen 2600 and gtx 1070 with 16gb 3200mhz CL14 is tooooo good for this software :D