New license

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

plykkegaard

New license

Post by plykkegaard »

Hi

Just a bought license for a new period, current expires in three weeks time
Can I apply new license on top of the old or should I wait until current expires?

Thanks in advance
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: New license

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
You should wait for license expiration. Then you can activate your new license to get a new license key.
It is recommended to remove CodeLib file(s) from "Shared" folder (then start ZM and let it download update) before installing new license. If you stuck in a situation when license is expired in ZModeler (does not work) but still shown as active in account (and prevent new license to be activated for this platform ID), you can use "Revoke License" in account to force license suspend (in most of cases account will correctly identify this as actual license expiration).
plykkegaard

Post by plykkegaard »

Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

P.S. I've been on a TeamViewer session last evening and I've seen a bug when new license was unable to install. There is a walk-around method on installing license in currently available version/build of ZM (downloaded from website) and then letting ZM update up to the latest build. The problem is about to be resolved in version 3.1.3 that I can't ship as update right now.

Just thought it worth to be stated here.
plykkegaard

Post by plykkegaard »

Ok thanks, I'll give an update in three weeks time :P