Fed up

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

trickee

Fed up

Post by trickee »

Have bought a new licence for my platform on both of my computers, tried to update it on both platforms but always get a failed answer, gettin rather jacked off with this program at the minute
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Fed up

Post by Oleg »

Hello. When you reinstall license, it is very preferable to delete CodeLib file(s) located in "Shared" folder, start ZM to let it autoupdate (it will download empty license storage file) and restart, then perform activation of ZModeler with your new license key. It could be preferable to set up online validation, so ZM can download license key and perform validation automatically.

If your copy is unable to reach updates server (updates icon is keep spinning in the bottom of ZModeler window), you can use offline activation method only (copy + shift), and this method will work for the very latest build only: Build 1127 to the moment.

Let me know which of above does not work, I'll try to assist.
trickee

Post by trickee »

Thankyou, I have it sorted, my antivirus program was deleting the network.zms file
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

it is preferable to add ZModeler folder to exclude list of antivirus, as it might delete updates installing utility "ZModeler3.Autopatch" and, the worst, the license storage files "CodeLib.zmx" and/or "Codelib.dynamic".