License denies action AGAIN

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Alvarez

License denies action AGAIN

Post by Alvarez »

So, i bought the license again, went through the revalidation hassle through again and suddenly the license denies me the import option.

Excuse me?

Look, Oleg, i appreciate your efforts for cracking the .yft format and doing all the work with adjustments, so i bought the license, because i felt you deserve this.
I bear with the controls i don't like. I bear with the permanent revalidation fails. I bear with the fact that the software i paid money for doesn't belong to me.

I still have paid money for the monthly license without right to refund. Because right at the moment, it is the only software that can export it back to yft, so beggars can't be choosers, huh?

I pay money for your software. And still, i must now run after you every now and then and go "please, please, activate my license, it doesn't work as intended."
Look at all the topics beneath me in this section! I am not the only one with this recurring problem!

The whole licensing and revalidation procedere looks and feels like a harassment.

Here's the screenshot.

Well, could you please fix this for me?
Alvarez

Re: License denies action AGAIN

Post by Alvarez »

Now i adjusted the automatic validation and it keeps failing at validation.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

"license denises this action" = no license loaded at startup. ZModeler should be able to save your license key, so it can be loaded on next startup. your zmodeler folder should not be write-protected in any way (windows defender or antivirus activity could be the cause), your "Shared" folder should contain "CodeLib.zmx" file - this is a storage for license. License is saved when it is accepted and validation is performed. ZModeler will not save license when it writes Verification: failed. Once license key is given and validation is performed you should restart ZModeler.

Upon restart, your "License Information" window should show your license key fromt the very first moment, meaning a "saved license key was loaded", but it will not work untill online validation confirms validity of this license key (Verification: revalidate in ** days) - then you close license window and go on with import/export.

so, on a fresh copy the correct steps are:
1. assign password onto platform in account;
2. start zm, specify your account name and assigned password in Account Setup window; close zm;
3. start zm, open License information window (no license key there by default) and see it downloading your license key and validating it'; close zm; at this point your license key is saved and "Codelib.dynamic" file is created in "Shared" folder.
4. start zm, open License information window (your license key is there and validation is already performing online... and get validated in 2-3 seconds). close About window and ZM is ready.

which of the steps above goes wrong in your case (talking about a fresh downloaded copy of software) ?
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

Okay, downloaded the freshest installer: ZModeler3 Version 3.1.1.1103

1. Unzip main drive, programs.
2. Specified a simple 6-characters password in my account.
3. Opened Options. Specified name and same 6-characters simple password.
4. Closed ZModeler.
5. Opened Zmodeler.
6. Checked Avast. Application not blocked.
7. Opened Options: "checking online..." ten minutes long.
8. Waited 10 minutes.
9. Closed ZModeler.
10. Opened ZModeler.
11. Opened Options.
12. Pending=>Failed.
13. Changed password in user account.
14. Changed password in ZModeler.
15. Closed ZModeler.
16. Opened ZModeler.
17. Opened Options.
18. Validation successful.

I don't get it.
Well, thank you for bearing with me, Oleg. It is still a frustrating experience.
Especially, when it start to work out of the weirdest reason, like "disliking one kind of password, preferring another one". Maybe too much users used the 123456 sequence.

It works, in the end.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

well, 123456 is not the cause. I use it on both my computers and it always validtes fine in 1-2 seconds. Also, a license server gives only 20 seconds to validate, so there is no need to wait more than 15-20 seconds in ZModeler. If it does not work instanly (in 2-3 seconds), something is set wrong.

re-assigning (the same) password in account and in ZModeler is a good idea to be sure everything is set properly.