Platform ID License problems

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Gforce

Platform ID License problems

Post by Gforce »

Hi there

Just loaded up Zmodeler 3 and it did the auto update thing, checked to log in with the validation thing as usual and it would not validate, closed Zmod3, logged on to the Zmod3 site on the forum and the main account page, no luck getting the license to validate, launched Zmod 3 again and it refused to run and just crashed out, tried multiple times, rebooted the PC etc and nothing, deleted the folder and reinstalled and now my Hardware ID is mismatched.

any ideas on how to sort this out ?

and btw, I have license login issues just about every time I try to run Zmod 3 after it updates, always having to re-validate and log in before I can even open a recent file, starting to get more than a little annoyed with this whole (your license prevents this) licensing problem now,

mix that to the way Zmod3 messes up the UV mapping importing from previous Zmod 1.7b and 2 scenes, getting seriously fed up with Zmod3 !!!
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Platform ID License problems

Post by Oleg »

hello. make sure you run zmodeler with administrative privileges (run as Administrator). if you have any license issue, delete CodeLib file(s) from "Shared" folder, start ZModeler and let it autoupdate. Thren restart and open License Information page. I'm currently on laptop device and will be unable to reach my dev pc this week, so I can't be of more help at the moment.
Gforce

Post by Gforce »

thanks for the reply,

I haven't had much time recently to try and fix Zmod3, seems that upgrading my 970 to a 980ti may have upset the hardware ID thing, I'm going to try the revocation method, but I can't even get ZM3 to link in to my account.

sorry for coming across a bit hostile with my last post, but it's frustrating that so far all I have had is problems.

will let you know if revocation works, but I see that being an issue again in the future as I will be upgrading my rig several times during the next few months, I see this getting messy.

on a side note, got an interesting message in my inbox, no need to mention what it contained, but I guess you're already aware of it.

Edit: fixed it with revokation, was a bit messy but it worked.

randybangun

Post by randybangun »

please Mr. Oleg help me about my platform ID.
There is no avalaible license in "My license" tab
Last 2 month my license has expired and i dont know what to do. so i deleted it. please help me :(
randybangun

Post by randybangun »

please Mr. Oleg help me about my platform ID.
There is no avalaible license in "My license" tab again
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Randy, you can purchase a license in "Buy License" section. ZModeler3 is a payware product.
Gforce

Post by Gforce »

Well once again I've had to revoke another platform license because when I fire up Zmod 3 it either decides it has a massive error in line whatever, and yet again when attempting to sort out the new platform, it shows the platform is licensed and activated, yet after going through the hold the shift key processes, I restart Zmod3 and for some reason it's behaving like it's in trial mode while on my account it clearly shows the platform active.

Genuinely getting fed up with the clear and present licensing issues with Zmod3, no joke here, I've had less than 24 hours use out of it so far in almost 200 days, it's beyond a joke, this problem actually occurred before Christmas, but I got so fed up and angry over this non stop problem that I just left it, now I want it fixed because I need to use it.

you really need to get these licensing issues fixed, it's getting well beyond a joke now.

System specs:-

Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 updated with latest Nvidia drivers etc .net 4.6 etc

Asus X99-E WS
intel i7 5930k
32gb ddr4
Dual Asus GTX 980ti in sli
Dual Samsung 850 Evo SSD in Raid 0

Edit:

this is one of the more amusing problems, even if I do the codelib file deletion and get zmod3 to update, If I set my account to auto validate etc it actually validates eventually, and then this happens

if I delete the codelib files and set to do the copy + shift method, it registers but shows the license as the original Trial mode in the top picture and does not show remaining days etc.

and then when you reboot after getting it to show the license and remaining days etc, you get this little beauty

this is a real mess.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.
Gforce wrote: this is one of the more amusing problems, even if I do the codelib file deletion and get zmod3 to update, If I set my account to auto validate etc it actually validates eventually...
If this does work (with no shift/copy stuff) you should pin to this method as it can eliminate most of problems.

I suggest you to
1. restart your PC or use Task Manager to ensure on other "zmodeler3.exe" process running.
2. make new folder for ZModeler located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ZModeler3 or something like D:\Soft\ZModeler3 . Do not use folders like C:\Users\GForce\...\Desktop\ZModeler3 or any other folder in C:\Users.
3. Add this ZModeler folder into exclude list of your antivirus.
4. unpack zmodeler files into this folder and start ZModeler. (Use Antialiasing = 4 samples if you get startup device error like shown on screen). Specify your account / password settings on "Account Setup" page, let ZM download updates and close ZM.
5. ensure your ZModeler files/folder is not read-only (right-click on folder, properties, read-only=off, Ok, "to all files and folders in it", ok.
6. Start ZM and open License Information page. You should see your license key downloaded and validated. Close ZM.
from this moment on, you should have "CodeLib.dynamic" file located in "Shared" folder. This file is updated each time you start ZM.
7. Start ZM again.
8. and open License Information page - your key should be there already, and online check should be in progress ending up with "Revalidate in ... days". Press Ok.
9. You can Open/Import now.

Later, you can skip #8 and go to Open/Import straight after starting ZM. Note, you should not use double-click on .z3d files to start and open file, as ZM requires some time to install and load license at startup.

Everything else seems to be correct on You PC. Let me know if the steps above does not work and which step of above goes wrong on your side.