Impossible to activate license

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Dante_Universal

Impossible to activate license

Post by Dante_Universal »

I follow all instructions from the topics about this issue but with no result and everytime I get verification failed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Impossible to activate license

Post by Oleg »

do you see "no updates available" in the bottom? or you see there "checking for updates..." constantly? if ZModeler can't reach updates sever, it is impossible to reach licensing server too. Start with administrative privileges.

re-assign password to your platform in account on "My computers" page, try something simple like 555666. then update password in zmodeler on it's "Account Setup" page too. then close zmodeler, restart after 2-3 seconds and open License Information window.
Dante_Universal

In the bottom there is this message "Your ZModeler is upto date", version is 3.1.1 (Build 1104).
I tried to re-assign platform password (just like 555555) in "My computers" page and update password in zmodeler too but no result, everytime I put the license key I get "verification: cheking online" and than "verification: failed"
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

delete CodeLib file(s) in "Shared" folder. start zm and let it autoupdate. then close and start again - this time you should get your license key downloaded and validated.
Dante_Universal

I see the new update "3.1.1 (Build 1105)" for long username issue but nothing happened.
I read all topics about this issue, follow any instructions, I tried to download a clean installer from Zmodeler3 home page and redo all methods described previously. Now I change the Platform password in Account Management and get this error message "Something is wrong on server. Try again later."
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

log out and log in again. then assign new password onto your platform. then specify your account name and the assigned password inside ZModeler. close ZModeler and start it again.

note, you should start ZModeler as Administrator, this is essential.
Dante_Universal

Sincerely I don't know where I'm wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9-piC ... e=youtu.be
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Dante_Universal wrote:Sincerely I don't know where I'm wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9-piC ... e=youtu.be
I had the same problem yesterday. holding shift and applying the key shows ''failed'' and for some reason online activation wasn't working. The license also shows that it needs to be activated online so no offline key. I don't know how I managed to get it to work but it works now. Try to wait longer on the "license information" window or try clicking between "account setup" and "license information" window, clicking on "apply" button also might help.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

@dante, you do everything properly. Problem seems to be confirmed, I'm spotting for solution currently.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It should be ok now, try again. Do not copy your license key, do not use "Shift" method, ZModeler will do everything automatically.
Dante_Universal

Now it's working :D
Thank you very much for your patience to help me.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

just keep in mind "Revalidate in 16 days" is incorrect, you will need to open "License Information" page to refresh validation on each startup. Long-term license (6 month and above) does allow to save validation for offline work, short-term licenses do not save validation and requires to re-validate on each startup.
trickee

Post by trickee »

Hello oleg, how was this problem resolved, I am currently having same problem on both of my computers
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this was a particular case with date on computer being set wrong for a long time. ZMod did not like the date changes and refused to accept license key. In most of cases, online validation solves this, as ZMod takes date from license server.