ZModeler account FAQ

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

ZModeler account FAQ

Post by Oleg »

This is a set of FAQs and a short overview of steps you should perform in each case.

Q: Invalid Username, choose another one.
A: The username you were trying to create is not allowed. Logins like "Admin", "ZModeler", "root" and like this are blocked.

Q: Reset password does not send me my temporary password.
A: You should specify your account name and e-mail that was set on account. If you specify wrong username or mismatching e-mail, the password will not be reset.

Q: My account is not activated. I've specified e-mail but got no confirmation e-mail on my mailbox for hours.
A: Either wait for some more time, or specify another mailbox on your account. Note, the confirmation e-mail is binded to your account only, it is not related to e-mail you specify. Generally, you can specify second mailbox as soon as you submit the first one, so you can wait for confirmation e-mail on two mailboxes simultaneously.

Q: I still can't activate my account, tried different e-mail addresses, none of them works.
A: You can press the bell icon next to e-mail field, so administration is notified that you still need an activation for your account. You can also contact Administrator or send me Private Message here on forum.

Q: I'm trying to attach my forum username to account but it always fails.
A: You can send a Private Message to administration here on forum so your case can be sorted out.

Q: I get "This e-mail address is already attached to someones ZModeler3 account" when I add my e-mail.
A: There is an account that has your e-mail specified. Your e-mail might been specified on account, but not yet confirmed or approved. You should e-mail to oleg@zmodeler2.com from respective e-mail address and specify your account to get this case sorted out.

Q: I get "E-mail owner has blocked any messages from this site and you can not attach this e-mail address to your ZModeler3 account" when I add my e-mail.
A: The owner of this e-mail address has blocked an attempt to attach e-mail address to ZModeler account. If you did it incidently, you should e-mail to oleg@zmodeler2.com from respective e-mail address and specify your account to get this case sorted out.

Q: I get "E-mail owner has blocked any messages from this site and you can not attach this e-mail address to your ZModeler3 account" when I add my e-mail.
A: The owner of this e-mail address has blocked an attempt to attach e-mail address to ZModeler account. If you did it incidently, you should e-mail to oleg@zmodeler2.com from respective e-mail address and specify your account to get this case sorted out.

Q: If I remove my account, could I be able to create a new one with the same e-mail?
A: Sure, removing account will erase your personal data. However, your platforms and licenses information will retain. So, you will be unable to add your platform on new account. See a "Platform ID is already taken" case below.

Q: When I try to add my platform ID I get "Can not add unindentified 'USUAL-PC' platform to your account"?
A: The 'USUAL-PC' is not an identification of plaform. This is a special name for the case when ZModeler can not identify your hardware for some reason. In such a case, you are unable to use ZModeler on this computer.

Q: "This Platform ID is already attached to someones ZModeler3 account" error appears when I try to add my platform ID to account.
A: This is a common case when computer with specified ID was "ever" added to someone's account. This means that even removed or deleted platforms are still held by account services to sort cheating out. In general, if you have removed your platform (by mistake or it was intended), or if you removed your account and created a new one, your platform can be restored on account, but it will NOT get trial license. Even worse, it will not get any licenses that you ever had. Consider to avoid removing your platform ID.

In order to restore your platform ID on account, you should PM me or send e-mail to oleg@zmodeler2.com and specify your account name and Platform ID you would like to get restored.

Q: When should I remove a platform from account?
A: If you have misspelled your platform ID or added wrong platform ID to your account, you are free to remove it. It's preferable, if you apply "Misspel" in platform description before you remove it. Thus, it will be easier to sort different platform-related cases when they arise. If you've upgraded your computer and got new Platform ID in ZModeler, your are free to remove your platform. Please read the "How do I transfer license to another platform" case below.

Q: Can I have multiple platforms on my account?
A: Sure. Make sure to apply description or comments to all of them to make life easier.

Q: Do I get trial for any platform I add? The second and third and so on?
A: Yes, you get trial license for platform, not an account. Note, an attempt to remove your platform and add it again to get new trial license will fail. It will fail even if you removed your account and created the new one.

Q: I have multiple trial licenses on my account, how do I apply them?
A: You should check the description of each license. It's usually stated that it was issued for .... followed by platform ID. An attempt to apply this license to another platform will fail. An attempt to use a license key on platform with another ID will fail. So, you can apply trial license to platform it was issued for and respective license key will work on platform with matching platform ID.

Q: I can not apply license in ZModeler. Nothing happens when I press Shift key.
A: First of all, make sure your platform ID matches. There could be misspel when you added platform to account. Second, make sure you copied license key fully in your account: you should paste it in notepad or into any text document just to be sure it's copied properly. Third, before you press Shift key in ZModeler, you should click on "License Information" tab (even if it's already active). Finally, download fresh copy of ZModeler (from this forum or from zmodeler3.com site, to be sure it's uptodate), since it's always preferable to apply license key over fresh installation.

Q: I get "Verification: failed." in ZModeler, even thought it prompts some days are left on license.
A: You should apply fresh validation key to your license. Login to your account, locate desired license and press "Validate" button. You will get a validation key for current date. You can copy it and apply in ZModeler to revive your license.

Q: I get "Verification: failed." when ZModeler tries to validate license online.
A: Make sure you've specified proper account name and password on "Account information" tab. Note, you specify platform password there. The "platform password" is the one you specify on platform information in your account. It's not a must to match your account password, you can have different password assigned for platform. It's preferable to login and check whether your platform is marked as "Allow this platform to login" in your account. It's preferable to specify platform password again in account just to be sure of yourself. Finally, platform might fail to login if it's ID mismatches, so check the platform ID. The verification will fail if license has expired or there is no such a license on your account.

Q: How do I remove license from ZModeler?
A: If you wish to suspend license or transfer it to another platform, you have to remove license from your current platform (or license will get black-listed when both platforms will try to use it). License removal is called "Revocation". You can use "Revoke" button on license panel in your account. You have to click on question icon, then tick the checkbox and press Revoke button. Then you should start ZModeler with respective license and click on "License Information" tab. ZModeler will perform online validation and will remove license if it was revoked in account. Note, you should do it as soon as possible, since attempt to use ZModeler with revoked license will black-list your license. When ZModeler removes license, it "confirms" license revocation to account and your license will appear in account with icon of new license (seal icon). Until your ZModeler confirms revocation, your revoked license appears with yellow "warning" icon on it and license period is still consumed. It's very important to revoke license properly if you wish to pause it.

Once your license is removed from ZModeler and appears with "seal" icon in account, it can be reactivated when needed even on your another platform.

Each license is limited to 3 revocations. Do not use revocation unless you wish to transfer license to another platform. Note, if your platform ID has changed (upgraded hardware) you can revoke license in account and apply it to new platform immediately. License can be applied even if it appears with "warning" icon in your account.

Q: Can I order real license for one platform and use it on another platform? What will happen with license if I change my computer?
A: Real licenses are not bounded to platform ID. You can apply real license to any of your platforms. If you wish to transfer license from one platform to another, you should "remove license from ZModeler" first (see a case above).

Q: Can I transfer license to another account? Can I buy a gift license?
A: Gift license option is available for "site owner" accounts only. The transfer feature has a limitation on type of licenses that can be transferred. Accounts upgraded to "site owner" can buy bulk set of licenses and these "never activated" licenses can be transferred to third-party accounts as a gift licenses. If you wish to upgrade your ZModeler3 account to "site owner", you can contact administrator or send me a Private Message here on forum. If you intended to buy a single gift license and don't want up upgrade your account to "site owner", you can also contact administrator or send me a Private Message. License of any type (except trial license) can be sent as a gift, if this license was never activated yet. Note, the recipient must have a ZModeler3 account in order to accept a gift license.