Issue with platform ID

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Tharn

Issue with platform ID

Post by Tharn »

I am not sure why my platform ID changed, the only changes that happened with my laptop within the past days were some windows updates and BIOS update. Is that it?

If so, what can I do to keep using zmodeler3 on my laptop? I wasn't aware the platform ID could change, now I cannot use zmodeler because the license I got is registered to the previous platform ID.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Issue with platform ID

Post by Oleg »

Bios update is a 100% cause for platform ID to change.

Remove old platform ID and add the new one. Activate the remainder of your paid license for the new ID and install new license key in ZModeler.
Tharn

Post by Tharn »

Do I have to uninstall/remove zmodeler from my device before changing the platform ID? I ask because the software might think it was installed in two devices and get me banned from using it. I was gonna uninstall zmodeler but it's not actually installed on my device. seems it's a portable version. and that's what I got from the official site.

Also, how many times are you allowed to revoke licenses?
Tharn

Post by Tharn »

I removed the old platform ID and added the new one but now it is using a trial license and I don't know how to use my paid license key. I have the option for automatic online validation but it says it fails to check the status
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

You have activated trial license for the new ID, while you actually shouldn't. It's not a big deal actually, I have paused your paid license, so its time is not running. You can activate it later when trial expires.

You need to assign password onto your new platform ID on "My computers" page and specify this password in ZModeler on "Account Setup" page (alongside with your account name). Also, make sure there is no misspell in platform ID you have added, as a misspell will make it impossible to install license key. For example, check B/8, S/5, G/6 on your ID, it's a very common situation to get messed.
Tharn

Post by Tharn »

So what should I have done instead to not activate a trial license? Just so I know not to do it again. I did specify the password already. No, I checked several times, the ID is correct. and I am trying to verify the trial license by pressing shift after copying the validation key from my account settings/my licenses but it doesn't do anything anymore. I try updating the password but it says 'something is wrong on the server. try again later'
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

log out and log in again. pick your platform ID on my computers page. specify password 123456, press Submit. there should be no "something is wrong on server". this is actually "no reply from server" message.

run ZModeler as administrator, open "Account setup" page, specify your account name and platform password 123456. press OK and close ZModeler.

Copy your license key in web account (not a validation key, the license key itself).

run ZModeler as Administrator. Press and hold Shift key. Pick Help->About (still holding shift key). Your new license key will appear in ZModeler's license window (you can release shift key now) and key should get validated in few seconds. Then restart Zmodeler once again.
Tharn

Post by Tharn »

So I don't need my old license key anymore? I see the trial one is still active and there is one not yet assigned that is available that wasn't there before, after I had revoked the original one. I may go ahead and assign that one or should I wait for the trial to expire?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I usually warn users to activate the remainder of paid license first even if trial for new platform ID is given, since the time of paid license is keep going. Trial license can be used later. However, I haven't warned you and you have activated trial license instead of your paid license (from old platform ID). As this was my fault, I have paused your paid license manually, so it's time is not running now. You can use trial license up to expiration, then you can activate the remainder of your paid license and install new license key in ZModeler.

In short, you don't need to do anything right now. After 15 days when trial expires - activate your paid license and restart ZModeler - it will download new license key automatically.