Licenses wont validate

Troubleshooting and guides for managing your ZModeler3 account and licenses.

Moderator: Oleg

Licenses wont validate

Postby t0y » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:44 am

Hi,
I just got back from vacation and my license just wouldn't validate even with the key the website gave me, it only had a day left so I just decided to revoke it and buy a new one for a fresh start, and now it wont validate that one either. I am using the keys from the website and it just says Failed validation. Also sometimes on the website it gives me server errors, so could it just be the servers?

Thanks
t0y
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Licenses wont validate

Postby Oleg » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:23 am

the validation key on the website is for the very latest build of ZModeler only (to the moment 3.2.0 build 1176). if you are trying to apply validation key from the website to the older version, it will fail to apply. You can configure online validation in web account and in ZModeler, automatic online validation will work for any version of ZModeler.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8264
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Re: Licenses wont validate

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:17 am

all you've written isn't functional.
I lost 3 days to use Zmod because the validation failed,permantly with the latest build
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am

Re: Licenses wont validate

Postby Oleg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:28 am

here's a license installation guide (copy from e-mail I've sent recently, might not apply perfectly to your case, but mostly very accurate in steps suggested).

============================
First of all, if you see an "updates available" icon flashing in the
bottom of ZM window, you should let ZM download and install updates.
If you keep getting "updates are available" flashing icon each time
you start ZModeler, then the problem is in ZModeler failing to update
its files.

The steps to fix this are:
1. (optionally) move ZModeler folder into C:\Program Files\ (the
folder Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications, while your copy
of ZM is 64-bit).

2. right-click on ZModeler folder, pick Properties, untick
"Read-only", press OK and specify "To all files and folders in this
fodler" and press Ok again.

3. Ensure you have "ZModeler.AutoPatch" file in ZModeler folder. If
you don't, unpack it from ZModeler3_x64.zip package again. Ensure you
have "Updates" folder (empty) in ZModeler folder;

4. Ensure no other zmodeler3.exe process is running in background,
press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manger, switch to "Processes" page
and scroll it down. Terminate zmodeler3.exe process if you find any in
a list (right-click, shutdown process).

5. right-click on ZModeler3.exe and pick "Troubleshooting" or
"Compatibility wizard" (can't remember exact name). Start
Compatibility wizard and specify "run compatibility test/options"
(can't remember exact name, its a second choice among two suggested);
pick a choice "this application was working on older versions of
windows", then "windows 7", then "Test application" -> ZModeler will
run. Close it, press "Next" and pick "Save compatibility settings".

6. Now you should start ZModeler and let it download updates, when you
restart ZModeler, it should not report any new updates available.

7. Remove both CodeLib files(s) from "Shared" folder of ZModeler,
start ZModeler and let it download/install updates again.

8. Log in to your web account, pick your platform on My computers page
and assign new password (e.g. 123456), press Submit;

9. Start ZModeler, open Account Setup window, specify your account
name and platform password (123456), press Ok and close ZModeler.

10. Start ZModeler, open License Information window and wait 3-5
seconds. ZModeler should start downloading license key and perform
validation. Once it propmts for restart, close ZModeler. At this point
you should have two "CodeLib" files in "Shared" folder. If you do,
license was installed properly.


When I do a TeamViewer sessons to assist on license installation, I do
steps above and it works in 90% cases. Remaining 10% cases is a wrong
platform ID specified in web account.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8264
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Re: Licenses wont validate

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:02 am

I tried all steps but the virfivation isn't functional
i think we should use teamVIewer for any help
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am

Re: Licenses wont validate

Postby Oleg » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:28 am

send me your team ID and password in PM.
User avatar
Oleg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8264
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:54 am

Re: Licenses wont validate

Postby Hobby-Trucker » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 am

you've got a private message
Hobby-Trucker
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 am


Return to ZModeler3 Account and Licenses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest