ZModeler 3.2.0 release notes

Forum for discussing title-page news and events around ZModeler

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

ZModeler 3.2.0 release notes

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler3 core have been upgraded to support 64-bit builds, starting from version 3.2.0 two versions will be available (32-bit and 64-bit) for download. Versions are cross-compatible in features and saved files, however you will be unable to open .z3d files created in any of these and further versions in any old version of ZModeler. It is recommended to keep backup of your .z3d files saved in current version of ZModeler if you wish to revert to older version for some reason. New 32-bit and 64-bit are not guaranteed to run and activate smoothly, so having an old version backup is worth for the first days of release.

When you use an autoupdate in your current version, you will get a 32-bit upgrade to 3.2.0 by default. If you wish to switch to 64-bit version, you should download it from the website front page. Make sure to switch a button above download link to 64-bit before pressing "Download" button. Profile and settings are compatible with old versions, so you can use your profile XML in new downloads to restore all your ZModeler settings after upgrade.

Direct Download link.
32-bit version: Download ZModeler 3.2.0 (13.54Mb)
64-bit version: Download ZModeler 3.2.0 (13.76Mb)

Requirements.
ZModeler3 requires additional Microsoft redistributive libraries to be installed prior running ZModeler3 on your system. Download vcredist_x86.exe (32-bit) or vcredist_x64.exe (64-bit) package from Microsoft website.

A package of 64-bit version includes 64-bit versions of standard libraries and some DirectX libraries required to run ZModeler, however it worth to install these libraries using standard installation packages (links above).

Changes log.
This is generally a version upgrade for 64-bit support, however it includes some accumulated updates and bugfixes reported earlier in this forum. This version is able to load the recently updated ETS2/ATS prefabs with extended GPS navigation info in .ppd files. Also, some shader definitions were added into GTA5 import/export filter. Additionally, a mesh collision for GTA5 was remastered slightly and should produce less bugs in game (especially the case of using models in FiveM). An extended version of collision (groups) have been implemented (used in scenery objects and locations), but currently goes as undocumented feature, will provide more info on this subject later.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZModeler 3.2.0 release notes

Post by Oleg »

Black windows/viewports issue is related to ATI Crimson Relive video drivers. The issue can be resolved by installing old video drivers:
Version 17.7.1/17.10.321.1031 solves the issue.
Version 17.9 and higher will produce black viewports.
FoxtrotDelta

Post by FoxtrotDelta »

Thumbs up!. and i just await cloth simulation if possible!.
Im no Expert i Learn New Stuff Everyday
jonas53

Post by jonas53 »

Hope u gonna add a rendering feature like in 3ds max and every other 3d program people are waiting for this since zmodeler2.
so many tutorials on youtube trieing to do this: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ler+render
MrGTAmodsgerman

Post by MrGTAmodsgerman »

I really want to able import bigger 3D models without need them to split into parts because the 64k vertices limit.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I know this as a long-stading limitation, but it has some hardware-specific reason under.
onotor

Post by onotor »

I am using the Free-Trial version right now and I wan to import GTA V models into it
But it does not let me to import it
Any ideas?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

create an account and submit your platform ID there, it should come onto your account with trial license you are currently using; then assign password onto your platform and specify your account name and platform password in zmodeler - it will be able to revalidate license key. It sometimes jams to revalidate license key when using anonymous trial activation.
onotor

Post by onotor »

As I got it so far, we can import the files with the format of .yft, but it should be an unlocked model..
Is there any way to import the locked .yft files with any type of license??
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

no. you should contact author and ask for unlocked version or perfectly a .z3d file.
onotor

Post by onotor »

Gotcha

Regards
GriFFino

Post by GriFFino »

so now we can use more less lag zmo3 on 64bit? :mrgreen:
likely highpoly uv mapping
GTAWiseGuy

Post by GTAWiseGuy »

Build 1184 doesn't support exporting engineblock dummies for GTA yft's. It's no longer animated in game and mod parts using the engineblock as a bone glitch out. Do you know if there is a fix for this?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

clear the "PartNames" branch in "Preferences->Filters->GTA Rage" located in "Settings->Profile->Editor". Then restart ZModeler and export your file again.