Comment adding bug report

Forum for discussing title-page news and events around ZModeler

Moderator: Oleg

tall70
Amateur

Comment adding bug report

Post by tall70 »

I'm not a fast typer and dictating makes plenty mistakes unless I'm in super quiet place... I would be typing 15-30 minute response, then on submit it would bring me to login again and comment effort is instantly gone. If I log in it brings blank field after, if I go back, it goes back to topic but field is not there

This happened to me many times, maybe it has something to do with phone traveling from one internet service to another, but there should be some way to keep the text, thank you
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Comment adding bug report

Post by Oleg »

I never use forum from the mobile phone, and a desktop browsers usually remember the text in a box even if you use "Back" button to revert to some page. When I had a problem like the one you describe, I used to select the text and "Copy" it before submitting reply. If I get an error, I could revert to a posting page and "Paste" the message instantly. Not sure whether this can be done easily on a phone, but this is generally the simplest way to fight the problem.

I'm not a web developer and it could be a problem to me to make any changes to the forum engine for the feature you've requested.
tall70
Amateur

Post by tall70 »

Again... I wrote carefully thought through comment 15-30 min, went from gas station to vehicle where connection to still connected wifi got very weak, but it didn't switch to 4g, posted it which just gave me lost connection white screen, then paged back and lost the whole thing...it's terrible, nothing can be done with this, since connection will always vary, so i guess the only solution will be always copy and paste text to notepad before I post it.

No need to reply, just frustration which I hope can be forwarded people who can improve this
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this forum runs a pretty old "php bulletin board" engine, but according to your description it is likely to be a browser feature to remember what was entered in a text form when you use back/forward buttons.

for example, it does work on desktop browsers (at least in Mozilla).
jeffreestar

Post by jeffreestar »

Oleg wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:06 am this forum runs a pretty old "php bulletin board" engine, but according to your description it is likely to be a browser feature to remember what was entered in a text form when you use back/forward buttons.
that's not my neighbor
for example, it does work on desktop browsers (at least in Mozilla).
If typing for 15-30 minutes at a time is causing issues with losing your text, consider breaking up your responses into shorter segments and submitting them individually. This might help reduce the chance of losing your progress if you encounter any technical issues.