ZModeler 3.2.1 release notes

Forum for discussing title-page news and events around ZModeler

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

ZModeler 3.2.1 release notes

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler3 core have been upgraded. This is technical runtime (C++ core libraries) upgrade without any new features. However, the 64-bit version got significant changes affecting stability under Windows 10 OS. Several critical issues have been fixed, so you might expect 64-bit version of ZModeler to be more reliable now. Additionally, this update includes the most recent updates related to .z3d files. If you have noticed your .z3d files become slow on open or merge, it is recommended to resave them in current version. Your .z3d files are backward compatible, you can open them in older version of ZModeler.

Direct Download link.
32-bit version: Download ZModeler 3.2.1 (12.95Mb)
64-bit version: Download ZModeler 3.2.1 (17.73Mb)

Version 3.2.0 as fallback solution.
In case you might get problems with this release, it is recommended to backup your 3.2.0 version as fallback solution. As 3.2.1 is the latest version now, installation on version 3.2.0 is now available in automatic online mode only. In case you need to re-download version 3.2.0, direct download links follow:
32-bit version: Download ZModeler 3.2.0 (13.54Mb)
64-bit version: Download ZModeler 3.2.0 (13.76Mb)

Requirements.
An upgraded core of ZModeler3 requires additional Microsoft redistributive libraries to be installed prior running ZModeler3 on your system. Download vcredist_x86.exe (32-bit) or vcredist_x64.exe (64-bit) package from Microsoft website.

A package of 64-bit version includes 64-bit versions of standard libraries and some DirectX libraries required to run ZModeler, however it worth to install these libraries using standard installation packages (links above).

Changes log.
  • Overall stability of x64 version addressed.
  • ZModeler 3.2.1 Build 1195 and higher allows to use platform with no password (password is optional now). When password is specified in web account, it have to be used in ZModeler too. If you specify no password in web account, you can leave account name in ZModeler only.
  • Slow open/merge of .z3d files addressed. Removed textures on open/merge causing your project to handle a lot of [duplicate] textures inside.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: ZModeler 3.2.1 release notes

Post by Oleg »

In case you get Error parsing updates XML, make sure to enable "Secure Connection (SSL)" in Settings->General->Network. This option addresses both Updating and Automatic license Installation issue.

After updating ZModeler, you have to reinstall your license in ZModeler. You can use the same license key, just make sure to install it in ZModeler. Toggling the option above is essential for license installation/validation too.
FoxtrotDelta

Post by FoxtrotDelta »

Much appriciated. thank you for your hardwork.
Im no Expert i Learn New Stuff Everyday
Devil1313

Post by Devil1313 »

I have a paid version that has been working for the past 2 hrs for importing ..... and now all the sudden i get .... Can not complete task: Your license denies this action.

Wtf is this bs ? so i paid to be able to use the program for 2 hrs and now its useless all the sudden ? this is a load of crap im seriously about done with this crap . u guys have a million issues and yet u charge ppl money for broken software .. that requires a 64 bit pc to use a 32 bit version .... even though u APPARENTLY offer a 64 bit version but that version doesnt even work at all ..... and a 15 day trial that doesnt validate ...... and now a paid license that doesnt allow me to use things after 2 hrs of use ? how about maken ur program free till u make it work properly rather then charging someone money for something they barely ever get to use cause it barely ever works the way its CLAIMED to work
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Hello.

An application does not require installation, you just need to unpack all files from the ZIP file. However, OS windows might have an extra limitations applied to software downloaded from the web. Make sure to unpack files onto a folder on drive D: if possible. If you pick a drive C: or especially your desktop folder (C:\users\....) you are likely to get an application that will be unable to start because of Windows blocking some of functions.

Second, you should start zmodeler3.exe as Administrator when you install license. It was not a case on Windows7 and Windows8.1 but it seems to be a must on Windows 10.

Trial license can not be installed manually via copy+shift method as specified in web account. However, you are allowed (and strongly advised) to configure "automatic online validation" (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5711) - this is the page you get onto if you click "online validation" in web account on your license information page.

Automatic license installation/validation requires zmodeler3.exe to be able to reach *.zmodeler3.com domain (via regular HTTPS, like opening a web page in a browser). If you run ZModeler and see a "Searching for updates" icon (spinning circle) in the bottom of ZModeler window spinning forever, then ZModeler is unable to reach updates/license server and will be unable to download license.

Once license is installed (automatically or manually) it is valid for a period of validation (about 6 days), so you can go offline and ZModeler will still be working; after the specified days count license will require to be re-validated. ZModeler will refresh validity automatically if online validation is configured; if it's not, you should supply new validation key by pressing "Validate" button in web account. Pressing Validate button gives you a validation key for offline validation, it does nothing with license itself, so you have to copy this validation key and "Shift" it into License Information window of ZModeler (by pressing and holding Shift key for 2-3 seconds). Once again - configuring automatic license validation eliminates all this boring stuff up to license expiration. Mind, the validation key for 32-bit version and for 64-bit version are different, so if you use 32-bit version of ZModeler, you have to specify you need a 32-bit validation key before you press "Validate" button. You can get as much validation keys as you need, no problem on this.

ZModeler is very sensitive to its files alternation or inaccessibility. For example, you can not run two instances of ZModeler at a time, as one instance will lock/block some files and another will be unable to read and use them. This is the case when ZModeler starts but reports "License denies this action" which is mostly a message about inaccessible (locked or blocked) license file. Mind, if you get an application crash at some point, it might happen "zmodeler3.exe" process is still running in background and still blocks some files. It is recommended to reboot PC if you get any problem with license being inaccessible ("License denies this action").

Your platform ID "HTNXX-XD" is not assigned a password in web account, so I assume online validation is not configured. I advise you to do so and report here whether license issue will get solved or not.

All customer support one can get is the forum posting and reaching me by e-mail specified in an application. I do reply to each and every post here on forum and to every e-mail I get. It might take more than 24 hours in some cases, but you are free to send another notification if I miss to reply to some message sent me earlier, no problem on this.

P.S. The application is not claimed to work on any of end-user hardware or OS environment. It is supplied as is, you are not advised to use paid license until you have succeeded with installing trial license and testing software for a while. it is explicitly stated in terms and conditions that you accept before purchasing license. I can not guarantee an application to work on each and every hardware/software configurations, there could be still cases when I could do nothing to locate and fix a problem that prevents application to work for some user(s).
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Here's a topic covering most of license-related issues one may get:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7529

Your trial license had two revocations on it, each cost one day of license time, so it is OK for license to show 13 days instead of 15 days.

The website does nothing with visitors credit cards information at all, you are redirected to either PayPal or to BMT Micro Inc. website for transaction. The backend of the website gets a notification on complete payment/transaction to send a license onto customer's web account; no credit card or any personal data is available for the website or backend, just your ZModeler3 account name and e-mail one have specified while making a purchase.
Cerritos

Post by Cerritos »

I have on my pc vc_redist.x86.exe 2017 and the one in the download is 2015, is it necessary to use 2015?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vc_redist 2017 is required for ZModeler 3.2.1. It was build with VisualC 2017 libraries, so you should download and install the one you need. If you use ZModeler 64 bit version, you should download and install vcredist_x64 package for Visual Studio 2017.
c.carney117

it keeps pending

Post by c.carney117 »

i need help my liceanse has been pending for along time and i promised someone i would make them a car by the end of the week if i could get help it would be really helpful
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Send a private message and specify your transaction details.