GTA5: Cloth-simulated meshes

Forum for discussing title-page news and events around ZModeler

Moderator: Oleg

quechus13
Beginner

Re: GTA5: Cloth-simulated meshes

Post by quechus13 »

Hi!
I got cloth working on a ped now, but now the problem is that, the ped no longer has ragdoll physics ingame.
Is there something I did wrong? Thanks!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

how do you test ragdoll physics in game? the .yft file with cloth does not contain physics data if I'm not mistaken.

Have you used original .yft file or an exported one? does your scene hierarchy include collision volumes for cloth? if it does, remove these collisions and make an export of .yft file again - does it solve the problem?
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

Oleg wrote:how do you test ragdoll physics in game? the .yft file with cloth does not contain physics data if I'm not mistaken.

Have you used original .yft file or an exported one? does your scene hierarchy include collision volumes for cloth? if it does, remove these collisions and make an export of .yft file again - does it solve the problem?

well i removed the COL files and the ragdoll came back working fine.
Is there a way to make proper COL files?

Also the cloth seems to behave weird like the wind makes the cloth go the opposite way when riding a bike or running
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yes, you should remove COLs before exporting .yft file (in general, you do not need to alter .yft file, editing .ydd and .yld is enough).

Concerning the wind effect direction when riding a bike or a car, it seems to be somehow coded in game, I have very the same issue on just every edited ped and this direction does work properly from time to time: for example if player falls from the bike, the next time you pick it up for a ride, wind will work fine; if you jump off and catch it up for a third ride, wind effect will be wrong again.

I've tried to check the same scenario on original non-edited models (cs_bride and Michael's suit) and noticed the same bug.

P.S. this seems like the game has some script-related issue, as when original model with cloth jumps to the bike, the cloth physics seems to be reset (it is visible when cloth straightens for a moment before starts to simulate cloth physics again).
quechus13
Beginner

Post by quechus13 »

Oleg wrote:yes, you should remove COLs before exporting .yft file (in general, you do not need to alter .yft file, editing .ydd and .yld is enough).

Concerning the wind effect direction when riding a bike or a car, it seems to be somehow coded in game, I have very the same issue on just every edited ped and this direction does work properly from time to time: for example if player falls from the bike, the next time you pick it up for a ride, wind will work fine; if you jump off and catch it up for a third ride, wind effect will be wrong again.

I've tried to check the same scenario on original non-edited models (cs_bride and Michael's suit) and noticed the same bug.

P.S. this seems like the game has some script-related issue, as when original model with cloth jumps to the bike, the cloth physics seems to be reset (it is visible when cloth straightens for a moment before starts to simulate cloth physics again).
Well at least cloth works now haha, have you thought about implementing fur? like the dog has, I think it was the pug that has that shader.
Would be awesome to experiment with that.
GE16

Post by GE16 »

hi im pretty new to this thing so i upload the yft of the flags and move it to the pole, then when i export it the flags move did i do something wrong, or someone can give more indepth tutorial of this please :D
Mentossini

Post by Mentossini »

Привет. А что по поводу коллизии у .cloth мешей - обновлений нет? Сделал флаг на основе одного из существующих в GTA 5, коллизия от педов/автомобилей вроде как работает. Но вот сквозь стены флаг проходит, что довольно забавно.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Mentossini wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:36 am Привет. А что по поводу коллизии у .cloth мешей - обновлений нет? Сделал флаг на основе одного из существующих в GTA 5, коллизия от педов/автомобилей вроде как работает. Но вот сквозь стены флаг проходит, что довольно забавно.
В коллизиях .cloth есть дополнительные данные что-то вроде ограничительных плоскостей - когда .cloth (например, баннер) висит на стене. эти коллизии не объектами (боксами) представлены, а по-другому. я, к сожалению, с этим не разобрался.
Boairo

Post by Boairo »

When i assign vertices to be affected by the cloth and load it in game those vertices are invisible what am i doing wrong
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

may be the cloth falls through the ground? have you set static points? have you used ped_cloth shader?
Boairo

Post by Boairo »

I am using static points and the material ped_cloth
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I don't remember this all stuff quite well, but there were video guides on youtube. make sure to follow them precisely.

also I advise to practice on original cloth-simluated model as a beginning.

finally, there are some specific settings to toggle in metadata file to enable ped cloth physics simulation on a model.
Boairo

Post by Boairo »

Ok so i figured out the cloth thing but the only thing now that i dont know how to do is get rid of the material wind effect that causes the entire piece of clothing to shake. I know how to do it in 3ds max but whenever i export form zmodeler it re applies it
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

this is the secondary vertices color that should be set to black. Use Surface\Paint\Color tool with "Secondary RGB" set in options of Surface\Paint branch and black color set in "Color" tool's options.
Bonairo

Post by Bonairo »

Gotten cloth working for a while all the clothing works reacts to wind and stuff but now I'm facing a bigger issue. a lot of the times when I equip the clothing the game crashes and sometimes it doesn't does anyone know why it would be crashing?