unreasonable ( out of memory ) error

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

amq_studio

unreasonable ( out of memory ) error

Post by amq_studio »

Hi,

I have the following PC

i7 6700
1080 gtx
64 ram
not sure what elese would you need, but in general it is a powerfull PC.

My Question:
Can I fix the issue of ( out of memory ) in Z modeler 3? I used objects with large size ( and large physical sizes ) such as large cities with tall towers, but the software sometime gives me error of memory with objects smaller physically and in size as well such as streets -- how come? and what to do?
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: unreasonable ( out of memory ) error

Post by Oleg »

open task manager and inspect memory usage of zmodeler3.exe process in stages:

1. start application (something like 80-100Mb of usage is Ok here)
2. open your .z3d file (or import the model you have a problem with)

at this point, memory usage should not exceed 800-900Mb, as File\Export or File'\Save routines will need to prepare data to be saved again and requires about the same memory usage as the currently being used by your scene, having ~1700Mb as a top for 32-bit application.

Also, you can reduce Undo\Redo steps size down to 3 or 5, as undo sometimes consumes a lot of memory too.
squidiskool

Post by squidiskool »

Help? I get this same error on Zmodeler2 when trying to import Richard Burns Rally mod cars. These are the mod cars in question: https://bhmotorsports.webnode.cz/cars/f ... sta-st-n3/
I only get textures imported when I try to import it. The reply above me has nothing to do with the subject here.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ZModeler2 was tested on some of original vehicles only. It might fail to read model file properly when it finds some unexpected data there. And this is likely to happen when dealing with modded game content.

Also, ZModeler2 product is no longer evaluating, so no updates or fixed could be shipped for it.
squidiskool

Post by squidiskool »

Oh well that's sad. :(
These two: (or one) somehow managed to get the modded vehicles converted. (The Volvo 242 LE model came from the same mod team as the Fiesta)
https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/ ... ition.html
https://www.beamng.com/threads/volvo-242-le.35188/
The person who made the BeamNG mod, I sent him a message. He hasn't responded yet.
The person who made the GTA mod I think is not even online anymore :( His last post was in 2010.

So, is there any other way to get these RBR mods converted?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I doubt. May be in case you find these mods converted to some other game and get converted models into ZModeler instead.