[SA] [HELP] Flipping car interior horizontally

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

[SA] [HELP] Flipping car interior horizontally

Postby sousys » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:43 am

Hi!

I have a bunch of car mods with right handed steering wheel, but this causes problems in-game (player can't get in). I would like to flip the interior, so it's normal left handed. I'm totally new to modelling, I literally just got myself into this so I can change those cars. Could someone explain this process to me, like I'm an idiot please?

Thank you very much in advance!
sousys

Re: [SA] [HELP] Flipping car interior horizontally

Postby Oleg » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:09 pm

I guess flipping right-hand-drive to left-hand-drive will include:
1. mirroring geometry of interior
2. mirroring/reposition of dummy helper objects for "driver seat" and "passenger seat"
3. mirroring/renaming of "driver-side" and "passenger-side" objects like front door (dside_door_f <-> pside_door-f or like this as I don't remember exact names)

mirroring geometry can be done with modify\mirror tool in Front or Top view. Make sure to set "World + X" axes mode in top toolbar, so mirror will go on just one "X" axis.

mirrored object might require additional application of Modify\Flip tool, so it will get correct facing direction on polygons.
Oleg
Site Admin

Postby sousys » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:07 am

Thank you, I have managed to do what I wanted with your instructions! If I may have another quick question, there are a lot of car mods that will flip when driving them over on the sidewalk with high speed. It's like there's a bump under the car in the rear section, and when that collides with the sidewalk the car flips. Vanilla vehicles don't do that, so I'm guessing it has to do something with the model. Could low placed objects cause that or it has to do something with the Collision check boxes?
sousys

Postby Automan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:07 am

Yes, Surface Collision and/or Sphere Collision they are too low.
Some add a Collision already done, without adapting it to the 3D mesh...
It can also affect the short ride shock absorbers and suspension of too much force, in handling.cfg.

However you can also drive to the right, just position the dummy ped_frontseat left, instead of right.
(Like Nissan Skyline).
Automan
Beginner

Return to Grand Theft Auto