GTA IV Correct wheel shader setup.

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderators: Oleg, _RicH_

GTA IV Correct wheel shader setup.

Postby MindLess Ghost » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:31 pm

What is the correct way to setup a GTA IV wheel shader in zmodeler? I keep getting
Using texture "tirea0" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_tire".
Using texture "tirea0" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_tire".
Using texture "gta_vehicle_tire" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_tire".
Using texture "gta_vehicle_tire" which doesn't suit settings for shader "gta_vehicle_tire".

Tried getting the shader by importing a default model, but the presets and the UV's reset upon import giving me no help.
MindLess Ghost

Re: GTA IV Correct wheel shader setup.

Postby Oleg » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:25 pm

this message is shown when some texture slot configuration does not match "perfectly" to the shader needs. You should import original vehicle and examine all texture layer settings (in "Advanced" mode) -> you can make screenshots on each texture layer; then do the same settings on respective texture slots of your own material.
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA IV Correct wheel shader setup.

Postby MindLess Ghost » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 am

already tried that, my zmodeler resets that stuff when imported I don't know why. But I found a conversion video that showed me the correct shaders for that, thanks oleg.
MindLess Ghost

Return to Grand Theft Auto