GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

MrGTAmodsgerman

Re: GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (NOT AVAILABLE)

Post by MrGTAmodsgerman »

f5544 wrote: Oleg will you also look at the siren dummy's, i think there are more options in them like the color and the way of light pattern(strobe/rotating fast and slow rotating normal)?
Ok, the same i want to ask too, because the North Yankton Police Siren is brighter than normal GTA 5 Vehicles. It would be awsome if the Dummy can control the Sirencolor :shock: GTA V becomes to San Andreas, but alot better. I caaant wait, i cant waiiiit .... :mrgreen:
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

f5544 wrote:he means the split option to split the car in part like the bumper etc.

Oleg will you also look at the siren dummy's, i think there are more options in them like the color and the way of light pattern(strobe/rotating fast and slow rotating normal)?
specify me model names / file names where different siren types are used, I'll check whether there are any differences. They use dummy points with no additional info, just siren_1, siren_2. may be the index specifies the type of siren. once I'll see the file, I'll say more clearly on a subject.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Hi Oleg,

If you look at Police.yft you'll see that it have 2 lightbars.

One old rotating one and one led version.
The old rotating lightbar light rotates the reflection mesh(don't know how to describe it, this:
http://www.dontscrapit.com/Arkansas-/Co ... e-ems.php5)

The led version has the lights with emissive textures.

Now are there more versions:
Look at the policet.yft it has the same lightbar as the old rotating lightbar from the police.yft but ingame it rotates slower then the police.yft version.
and the bug in this lightbar is that the siren dummies are strobes instead of normal steady light.

so there are different siren dummy setups i think.

In the GTA IV filter you explored the light dummy code. with steady lights and strobe lights.
I think Rockstar developed it further in the new engine.

If i can help you with anything i would be glad.

Regards,
Frank
Netman

Post by Netman »

f5544 wrote:Hi Oleg,

The old rotating lightbar light rotates the reflection mesh(don't know how to describe it, this:

Look at the policet.yft it has the same lightbar as the old rotating lightbar from the police.yft but ingame it rotates slower then the police.yft version.
and the bug in this lightbar is that the siren dummies are strobes instead of normal steady light.

In the GTA IV filter you explored the light dummy code. with steady lights and strobe lights.

Regards,
Frank
The lights setting are controlled by the ''<sirenSettings value="?" />'' in the carvariations.meta file. I've been playing with that alot working on added cop cars in the game.
And seen some odd setting that the file have... Have a look here.
The car is not modded in any way but in the carvariations.meta file.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Netman wrote:
f5544 wrote:Hi Oleg,

Regards,
Frank
The lights setting are controlled by the ''<sirenSettings value="?" />'' in the carvariations.meta file. I've been playing with that alot working on added cop cars in the game.
And seen some odd setting that the file have... Have a look here.
The car is not modded in any way but in the carvariations.meta file.
good finding, but i don't see any police cars in those files, and is there also a different setup in light (strobe/normal)?
f5544

Post by f5544 »

i tested out, when i replace the police with the policet on the slot police.
I get that the sirens are strobes and doesn't rotate.

so you are right Netman, there must be a file what controls every siren dummy.
Because some are strobes and some are normal and some are slow rotating.

P.s. i want to fix the sirens of the police transporter(strobe rotating lights instead of rotating lights)
And the towtrucks(rotating strobe lights instead of rotating lights.
Sir_Smashing

Post by Sir_Smashing »

Wow, I'm excited to see this progress! Very keen to start making mods for GTA V. When Zmodeler 3 is able to import and export GTA V models, will we be able to open old projects from GTA 4/ Zmodeler 2 and convert them for use in GTA V/ Zmodeler 3?

Post by Guest »

Hi Oleg, Firstly, i wish you success on your first project. I have a few questions for you. I downloaded and licenced zmodeler3 but there's a situation like this:
I open the material editor but the section on which I'll choose and install the textures are not shown. So, I can't add textures to the model. How can I resolve this problem?
http://oi62.tinypic.com/19xevo.jpg
Another question :
Suppose GTA 5 ydr plugin is available and we opened a game file with zmodeler3. If we save this file as .z3d, and then open and edit it with zmodeler2 and then save as .z3d again and after making the textures of the model opening it with zmodeler3, can we export it in .ydr format? Last question: There is no .wdr support in zmodeler3, isn't it??
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. materials should be converted to "shader material" first. You can select material(s) on the right and double-click on "Shader material" in the left tree. If your model was loaded from old .z3d file, ZModeler will try to assign suitable shader straight after conversion and will apply textures where possible. In most of cases, conversion to "Shader Material" will restore most of your zmodeler2 material settings. If it does not, assign suitable shader by drag&drop of the shader you need onto a material entry on the right. then you will gain access to shader texture slots inside material properties.

2. GTA5 scene setup is much more complex than you had in ZModeler2 with gta4. At least, materials configuration should be done in ZMod3. The scene assembly is tricky too. If you are familiar with ZModeler2, you will easily move to ZMod3 I guess. You can load your projects in ZMod3 and work further with ZMod3 format.

3. GTA4 import/export filter will not be ported into ZMod3 as it's very different to what we have now in GTA5.

Post by Guest »

@Oleg
thank you very much :)
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Hi Oleg,

How is the plugin going? With some testing I found out that the siren dummy's have properties inside them.
Rotating and other things
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I doubt siren dummies has rotation info in them. more likely "siren*" are configured outside the model file.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

partial.

look at this forum:
http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/5090 ... sible-now/
About siren setting, It is varies from police cars, ambulance, fire truck, Lifeguard SUV to Riot, This is the list about configuring siren lights.

<sirenSettings value="1" /> = This means the siren lights should be placed on added Police Buffalo or Sheriff SUV
<sirenSettings value="2" /> = This siren lights is placed on Police Interceptor.
<sirenSettings value="5" /> = This should be placed to Police Transporter.
<sirenSettings value="4" /> = This siren lights is for Ambulance only.
<sirenSettings value="7" /> = Fire Truck Siren lights.
<sirenSettings value="9" /> = Lifeguard SUV Siren.
<sirenSettings value="10" /> = Same as Above.
<sirenSettings value="13" /> = This is siren lights which is comes fron Stanier Police Cruiser and Sheriff Cruiser.

this is the only setting for the lights.
but not the brightness rotation strobe normal.
i think it's the same as in the gta IV file.
What you found in the gta IV filter for the lights.(chopper lights etc.)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I haven't noticed lights info in police yft file. I'll check it later to be sure.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

f5544 wrote:partial.

look at this forum:
http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/5090 ... sible-now/
About siren setting, It is varies from police cars, ambulance, fire truck, Lifeguard SUV to Riot, This is the list about configuring siren lights.

<sirenSettings value="1" /> = This means the siren lights should be placed on added Police Buffalo or Sheriff SUV
<sirenSettings value="2" /> = This siren lights is placed on Police Interceptor.
<sirenSettings value="5" /> = This should be placed to Police Transporter.
<sirenSettings value="4" /> = This siren lights is for Ambulance only.
<sirenSettings value="7" /> = Fire Truck Siren lights.
<sirenSettings value="9" /> = Lifeguard SUV Siren.
<sirenSettings value="10" /> = Same as Above.
<sirenSettings value="13" /> = This is siren lights which is comes fron Stanier Police Cruiser and Sheriff Cruiser.

this is the only setting for the lights.
but not the brightness rotation strobe normal.
i think it's the same as in the gta IV file.
What you found in the gta IV filter for the lights.(chopper lights etc.)
Script file controls siren dummies in .yft file not .yft file itself. sirensettings in meta file only sets the variation for the selected car IF the .yft file contains siren dummies.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Chasez where is the rest of the siren info?
In the GTA iv filter we found the control for lights.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5578
But i could be wrong.
I hope we unlock all the siren options
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

f5544 wrote:Chasez where is the rest of the siren info?
But i could be wrong.
I'm not saying that I'm right but that is more likely to be the case.
Btw those settings in GTA4 are not the same as siren dummies, those are for omni lights, doesn't work for siren dummies and doesn't change the rotation or make them static.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Chasez wrote:
f5544 wrote:Chasez where is the rest of the siren info?
But i could be wrong.
I'm not saying that I'm right but that is more likely to be the case.
Btw those settings in GTA4 are not the same as siren dummies, those are for omni lights, doesn't work for siren dummies and doesn't change the rotation or make them static.

i know but maybe they have expanded the dummies. I hope everything will be examined.

Oleg,

Any updates?
MrGTAmodsgerman

@Oleg Do you know how the handposition on the steering wheel works? So Franklin, Trevor, Michael have a perfect hand position on every steering wheel. Did this work by a Dummy or something?
die

Post by die »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:@Oleg Do you know how the handposition on the steering wheel works? So Franklin, Trevor, Michael have a perfect hand position on every steering wheel. Did this work by a Dummy or something?
Ithink the game still uses dummy (like seat_dside_f) and sitting posture data to control the driver's behavior, which is the same as GTAIV
MrGTAmodsgerman

die wrote:
MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:@Oleg Do you know how the handposition on the steering wheel works? So Franklin, Trevor, Michael have a perfect hand position on every steering wheel. Did this work by a Dummy or something?
Ithink the game still uses dummy (like seat_dside_f) and sitting posture data to control the driver's behavior, which is the same as GTAIV
I mean the Hand positon on the vehicle wheel not the driver sitting position. So in GTA 5 there are different steering wheels, look at the trucks and in GTA 4 its not good, its buggy in GTA 4 it looks like crap, so GTA 5 have a solution for it
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

MrGTAmodsgerman wrote:
die wrote:
I mean the Hand positon on the vehicle wheel not the driver sitting position. So in GTA 5 there are different steering wheels, look at the trucks and in GTA 4 its not good, its buggy in GTA 4 it looks like crap, so GTA 5 have a solution for it
First of in GTA4 steering wheel doesn't even move. I think in V the principle is the same as in IV, position and turns are controled by animations.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

steering wheel is a an object/joint that can rotate in gta5. There are two dummies on it for hand positions, so there could be an IK involved in steering animation, so hands are laid properly on a wheel. The character position is controlled by dseat_f dummy.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Hi Oleg,

Great work what you're doing.
Any updates or screens? No modded vehicle in the game?
MrGTAmodsgerman

Oleg wrote:steering wheel is a an object/joint that can rotate in gta5. There are two dummies on it for hand positions, so there could be an IK involved in steering animation, so hands are laid properly on a wheel. The character position is controlled by dseat_f dummy.

OMG Its perfect for Modding, i cant f*cking wait not more! :lol: It will be so perfect, ahhh

So another Question @Oleg Can i use normal Dummys to prepare a GTA 5 Carmod? So i want to link all stuff and after release i only have to assign the Material and some little stuff.
Can you tell me the Name of the 2 Hand postion Dummys?
Or did GTA 5 use a special Dummy Object?