GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (NOT AVAILABLE)

Post by Oleg »

similarities are conceptual, but there is no any one-to-one matching pattern in them.
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

It would be cool to see a beta plugin which allows to import a YFT as a object without properties in Zmod.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Alvarez wrote:It would be cool to see a beta plugin which allows to import a YFT as a object without properties in Zmod.
A what?
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

A jumble of vertices that resembles a car in ZMOD what.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Alvarez wrote:A jumble of vertices that resembles a car in ZMOD what.
why? what's the point? What's good in that?
_dimka_

Post by _dimka_ »

I already try import some models to zmodeler2 by converting it to dff using another program, all good but cloth can not be imported, some DLC models like valkyrie imports only just one mesh (different YFT formats?) About buffalo wing - they has an identical car coordinates, I noticed that the hood, bumpers have axes in 0,0,0 and so they do not work as the exhaust pipes, wings etc, I hope I helped you Oleg.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:to my surprise this did worked. I just replaced model and texture files by renaming them, no touch in text parameters etc. it had some visual artifacts, but it looked ok to me. the second attempt with barracks truck was a bit better with no visual artifacts but with some lagging or missing textures. not a problem in context of exploring the cloth data.
barracks2.jpg
I see you have missing interior textures, they are in vehicles_(and the name of the vehicle it could be using the textures from)_interior. Also each vehicle is using modelname.ytd, modelname_hi.ytd and vehshare.ytd, some of them use other vehshare texture files as well.

this is what I mean:

Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

Chasez wrote:
Alvarez wrote:A jumble of vertices that resembles a car in ZMOD what.
why? what's the point? What's good in that?
I think to have basic bodypart mods it would be sufficient, to import, edit and rebuild them. Then move on to something more complex.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

any updates yet?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

generally, no. I'm on the same research phase, but decided to implement in code most of what I've found so far. Then i'll continue research farther.

things that are barely known to the moment are cloth simulation, some physic types (I've made a very first glance, there could be more problems involved in physics), and crashing geometry (like window extending bullet holes) are not explored yet.

P.S. can someone locate me a taxi_interior2 texture? it's used in buffalo2 interior and I can't find it anywhere... Also, a taxi_ng_detail (not "taxi_ng_detail2"), taxi_ng_dash and taxi_ng_dash_spec.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:generally, no. I'm on the same research phase, but decided to implement in code most of what I've found so far. Then i'll continue research farther.

things that are barely known to the moment are cloth simulation, some physic types (I've made a very first glance, there could be more problems involved in physics), and crashing geometry (like window extending bullet holes) are not explored yet.

P.S. can someone locate me a taxi_interior2 texture? it's used in buffalo2 interior and I can't find it anywhere... Also, a taxi_ng_detail (not "taxi_ng_detail2"), taxi_ng_dash and taxi_ng_dash_spec.
vehicles.rpf-> vehicles_poltax_interior.ytd = all the textures you are missing.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Thanks. :o

...I'm getting a bit lazy this weekend, can you make me a screenshot of rear part of "schafter2" with high dirt level on it? :oops: It looks strange to me when loaded in zm.
_dimka_

Post by _dimka_ »

Oleg wrote:Thanks. :o

...I'm getting a bit lazy this weekend, can you make me a screenshot of rear part of "schafter2" with high dirt level on it? :oops: It looks strange to me when loaded in zm.
I do not have GTA 5, but I hope I helped you. :D
IMG_2015_06_14_0001.PNG
IMG_2015_06_14_0002.PNG
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:Thanks. :o

Here ya go.
Attachments
2015-06-14_00001.jpg
2015-06-14_00002.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

thanks @Chasez. It does look strange to have high level dirt mapping on the lower part of rear bumper and fewer dirt mapped on above the mid-line. you can clearly see it on _dimka_'s image. that did surprised me a little, I've thought it's a bug in uv layout or i've messed something. well, it is the right way as I see. moving on.

Edit: I can't spawn "airbus", can you say in words, whether this bus burnt state has black burnt areas in front and rear part, or in a middle part? most of vehicles has black-burnt state in middle part, but this bus seems to be an inverse? may be a screenshot?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:thanks @Chasez. It does look strange to have high level dirt mapping on the lower part of rear bumper and fewer dirt mapped on above the mid-line. you can clearly see it on _dimka_'s image. that did surprised me a little, I've thought it's a bug in uv layout or i've messed something. well, it is the right way as I see. moving on.

Edit: I can't spawn "airbus", can you say in words, whether this bus burnt state has black burnt areas in front and rear part, or in a middle part? most of vehicles has black-burnt state in middle part, but this bus seems to be an inverse? may be a screenshot?
Here it is :)
Attachments
I was trying to get the middle part burnt but it does not get affected.
I was trying to get the middle part burnt but it does not get affected.
2015-06-14_00004.jpg
2015-06-14_00005.jpg
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

good, as expected. And one more thing: an armitrailer #1 (with no cargo) from the rear-right angle. preferable, with some dirt level. Need to check the dirt/camo mapping in game and especially the very corner of the model as shown:
armitrailer1.jpg
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:good, as expected. And one more thing: an armitrailer #1 (with no cargo) from the rear-right angle. preferable, with some dirt level. Need to check the dirt/camo mapping in game and especially the very corner of the model as shown:
armitrailer1.jpg
I couldn't get it dirty :( probably need more time to drive around, I have to go now but I'll try this later.
_dimka_

Post by _dimka_ »

Oleg wrote:Need to check the dirt/camo mapping in game and especially the very corner of the model as shown:
armitrailer1.jpg
its at all uv channels:
IMG_2015_06_14_0001.PNG
Edit: 1, 2 of course.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

_dimka_ wrote:
Oleg wrote:Need to check the dirt/camo mapping in game and especially the very corner of the model as shown:
armitrailer1.jpg
its at all uv channels:
IMG_2015_06_14_0001.PNG
Edit: 1, 2 of course.
I think he can see that in zmod. He needs an in - game screen shot.
_dimka_

Post by _dimka_ »

Chasez wrote: I think he can see that in zmod. He needs an in - game screen shot.
I know, but i think OpenIV shows same as in game.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

_dimka_ wrote:
Chasez wrote: I think he can see that in zmod. He needs an in - game screen shot.
yup, I need an in-game shot. OpenIV is a "considerable point of view", very the same as I have with "my point of view", while I need the shot of first-hand representation. :)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:
_dimka_ wrote:
yup, I need an in-game shot. OpenIV is a "considerable point of view", very the same as I have with "my point of view", while I need the shot of first-hand representation. :)
It is really hard to get it dirty, this is the best I could do and it doesn't really look like the dirt map you have.
Attachments
2015-06-15_00001.jpg
f5544

Post by f5544 »

Oleg you're doing a great job. Chasez also for helping. I hope we can make great police cars soon.
MakcenD

Post by MakcenD »

Oleg wrote:good, as expected. And one more thing: an armitrailer #1 (with no cargo) from the rear-right angle. preferable, with some dirt level. Need to check the dirt/camo mapping in game and especially the very corner of the model as shown:
The attachment armitrailer1.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Grand Theft Auto V 16.06.2015 20_53_42.jpg