GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (Now available)

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA 5: ZModeler3 import/export plugin (NOT AVAILABLE)

Post by Oleg »

still can't get dune spawned. trainer jams after attempt to spawn any vehicle. hmm... just want to see a cloth simulation on a vehicle.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:still can't get dune spawned. trainer jams after attempt to spawn any vehicle. hmm... just want to see a cloth simulation on a vehicle.
That is what I'm going to love most about this. The cloth on a vehicle :D

P.S. OpenIV has an update.
liam247

Post by liam247 »

SNT can cause problems with modded files especially, textures. There is a common bug, where you spawn a car and the trainer freezes and then building textures take a while to load. This is due to bad textures from the modded file. (normally wrong sizes like 512x578).. and corrupt textures, and even the size of the texture file needs to be low. But that was for GTA IV.
f5544

Post by f5544 »

for testing also try another trainer maybe this one works?

http://gtaforums.com/topic/789786-vrelw ... e-trainer/

i hope it will work for you
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

the problem seems to be with the "Dune" vehicle. it does not spawn. I've tried another car (some sports car) and it spawned ok.

Are there any other vehicles with soft-top that has dynamic cloth simulation? e.g. something like army truck?
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

Marshall and Liberator carry waving flags, Barracks has a flapping tarmac, Marquis have a sail moving in the wind, all they have cloth drawables.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Alvarez wrote:Marshall and Liberator carry waving flags, Barracks has a flapping tarmac, Marquis have a sail moving in the wind, all they have cloth drawables.
What he said Image
aRLaN6

Post by aRLaN6 »

The Monster Truck has waving flags.
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

I'm really saddened by a fact that my posts are blocked by someone i don't even know.

A new Internet low. :(

Also, some scenery objects in Sandy Shores also are cloth drawables.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Alvarez wrote:I'm really saddened by a fact that my posts are blocked by someone i don't even know.

A new Internet low. :(

Also, some scenery objects in Sandy Shores also are cloth drawables.
There's plenty of cloth drawables but we're talking cars now.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Alvarez wrote:Marshall and Liberator carry waving flags, Barracks has a flapping tarmac, Marquis have a sail moving in the wind, all they have cloth drawables.
The only that spawns for me is Chevy Marshall. But I can't locate a corresponding *.yft, *.ytd files. Can someone specify me a location of these? may be they are inside some patch? I haven't explored the vehicle precisely, so I can't recognize it by checking up the associated textures yet.

Barracks seems to be a good choice for research, as it contains the biggest cloth simulation data so far, but it doesn't spawn for me. neither dune, nor liberator does.

May be my savegame or game progress is below requirements, i don't know.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:
The only that spawns for me is Chevy Marshall. But I can't locate a corresponding *.yft, *.ytd files. Can someone specify me a location of these? may be they are inside some patch? I haven't explored the vehicle precisely, so I can't recognize it by checking up the associated textures yet.

Barracks seems to be a good choice for research, as it contains the biggest cloth simulation data so far, but it doesn't spawn for me. neither dune, nor liberator does.

May be my savegame or game progress is below requirements, i don't know.
Have you tried reverify your game files? because it should work and simple trainer by sjaak works very good.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

not sure what you mean by reverifying game files. the files seems to be ok, as I can load barracks model into zmod. textures are ok too. dune/dune2 models are loaded fine too.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:not sure what you mean by reverifying game files. the files seems to be ok, as I can load barracks model into zmod. textures are ok too. dune/dune2 models are loaded fine too.
I mean the files might be alright but the reason why other cars won't spawn could be because they are messy. If you have the new version of OpenIV, I would suggest you to verify game files(so that the original files can be downloaded and replaced) and edit the files again. That's what I did after OpenIV update. My game crashed after modifying some ped textures. I saved the textures, verified game files, updated OpenIV, used it to replace textures and my game hasn't crashed since. Sometimes it's just better to start fresh is all I'm saying :D

P.S. not sure how verifying files works on Rockstar games loader but you can verify files on steam by going to game properties, local files and ''verify integrity of game cache''. It then downloads and replaces modified files with the originals.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Game installer's "Repair" features says everything is ok. I haven't modded any game file except the update.rpf

Also, I can't find how to add the game into steam, as my license key in a different format (CT-AAAAAA-BBBBBB-CCCCCC-DDDDDD) than steam requires.

the problem seems to be related to the game, as I've tried three trainers already and none of them has spawned me a desired vehicle. I think I'll put "cloth stuff" on hold temporary and will mess farther with Buffalo2 model parked near my save game location.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:Game installer's "Repair" features says everything is ok. I haven't modded any game file except the update.rpf

Also, I can't find how to add the game into steam, as my license key in a different format (CT-AAAAAA-BBBBBB-CCCCCC-DDDDDD) than steam requires.

the problem seems to be related to the game, as I've tried three trainers already and none of them has spawned me a desired vehicle. I think I'll put "cloth stuff" on hold temporary and will mess farther with Buffalo2 model parked near my save game location.
You have to buy steam version to have it on steam. You can't add it with rockstar games or other retailer key.
Well when you feel ready to release the filter I think people can help you with cloth shader.
_dimka_

Post by _dimka_ »

Oleg wrote: the problem seems to be related to the game, as I've tried three trainers already and none of them has spawned me a desired vehicle. I think I'll put "cloth stuff" on hold temporary and will mess farther with Buffalo2 model parked near my save game location.
maybe you can replace buffalo to dune buggy? with text parameters of course.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

_dimka_ wrote:maybe you can replace buffalo to dune buggy? with text parameters of course.
to my surprise this did worked. I just replaced model and texture files by renaming them, no touch in text parameters etc. it had some visual artifacts, but it looked ok to me. the second attempt with barracks truck was a bit better with no visual artifacts but with some lagging or missing textures. not a problem in context of exploring the cloth data.
barracks2.jpg
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

This is astonishing.

Basically, you guys just created a "change Characters Personal Vehicle Mod" - and since the vehicles of MFT aren't spawning in traffic, you could replace their cars with any vehicle.

I doubt, though, that the LSC mods can be applied correctly to these vehicles, (except for rims and color) even with renamed mod part files - mod parts will probably use coordinates dictated by game, than the vehicle offsets.

Unfortunate we can't just rename a GTAIV car model file to GTAVcar.ytd and expect it to work.
Or can we, with many repairable issues?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It's not seen from this angle, but the truck has a hanging (in the air) rear wing that I've installed earlier onto buffalo model. it was placed next to the rear boot frame, somewhat same offset relative to original buffalo's boot.
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

As the game thinks it`s a Buffalo, i guess.

How different (or rather, how similar) are GTAIV and GTAV car model files, by the way, Oleg? Do perhaps GTAV files have some legacy from GTAIV?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

generally, they are very alike. most of data patterns found in gta4 have moved into gta5 too with slight modifications and/or improvements.
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

But can you trick the game into reading the GTA 4 car model file, if it's that similar?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Alvarez wrote:But can you trick the game into reading the GTA 4 car model file, if it's that similar?
No!

It should be similar because it's the same engine.
Alvarez

Post by Alvarez »

I know this is a completely different file format, but why actually?

It has a different extension, it has a different file header, but there are similarities (in file structure?), as Oleg stated?