GTA4 WFT Export discussion

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

42herc

Post by 42herc »

Why can I not shoot the drivers in my car.

even when the glass is smashed out, the bullets bouce off the invisible collision mesh.

please help.

Thanks.
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

is your glass COL set up correctly?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

collision ID on polygons of vehicle collision volume should be set properly. If i'm not mistaken, some values are set for the bulles to pass-through. check collision thread for gta:4.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Have another problem with helis. I have the latest version oz Zmod (all is up to date). I edited swift heli from TBOGT, didn't change any values just retextured and replaced some details. When I imported it back to the game it's like this:
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae17 ... 1278435707
it's too close to the monitor.

If I replace it with Police maverick it loses it's balance and looks like this:
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae17 ... 1278435707

it happens no matter if I move chassis, wheel or .wft dummies

what could be the problem? It may look easy to resolve but believe me I KNOW how to make car mods for GTA IV but this one makes me wonder.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

have a very-low detail chassis model? try making very-low detail chassis object bigger than the rest of models. it will resolve issue #1.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:have a very-low detail chassis model? try making very-low detail chassis object bigger than the rest of models. it will resolve issue #1.
It's a total game model copy, except I have even deleted a few stuff from the body
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

i don't have the game. is there very-low model of chassis?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:i don't have the game. is there very-low model of chassis?
chassis_L1 has 1033 polies. Chassis_L2 has 511 polies.

It's like Zmod makes smaller space in files which makes the camera to go closer, the same for the cars. and the second issue is a real mistery for me. I have tried to move wheel dummies back and forth but I get the same issue.
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

I've got a mystery problem with the windows on car doors.

I've made a car with Scissor doors, the doors work fine but when opened the glass moves out of place - when the door closes the glass returns to the correct place.

I've messed around with the local axis of the door, the glass, the dummy, but cant seem to find the right combination, anyone know how to solve this?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

_RicH_ wrote:I've got a mystery problem with the windows on car doors.

I've made a car with Scissor doors, the doors work fine but when opened the glass moves out of place - when the door closes the glass returns to the correct place.

I've messed around with the local axis of the door, the glass, the dummy, but cant seem to find the right combination, anyone know how to solve this?
Oh yeah :D btw I have this exact same issue on that heli :(
42herc

Post by 42herc »

_RicH_ wrote:is your glass COL set up correctly?
Thanks for the replies.

Yes my glass COL is set up correctly using the values provided in the Collision thread.

After some testing, It seems I can shoot out the windows and shoot through the glass.
The bullets seem to be impacting on the Chassis col or something, inturn protecting the driver and passengers.

-Must I set collision value to the Chassis COL also?

-Can I assign different values to different polygons on a COL, or only whole objects

Thanks.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you set values on polygons of colliision mesh. at least original models have different ID on chassis COL object. especially, polygons that cover doors and windscreen.
2 - shot-through polygon
Rupp3r

Post by Rupp3r »

Hi all

I am experiencing a problem on my modded car in wip.
When I want to aim in my car, the shooting sight is too low..., too close from the car...
i tried to move the main dummys of the car and to modify the handling, but I always have this problem... I know that some modders did also have this problem but I didn t found any solutions..
thanks in advance
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

the window_xx dummy must have the same rotation like the door dummys have, and it must be on the same height.
i just copied the door dummys and changed the properties of them for the windows of my scissor door lambos.
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

I'll try this out later, thanks :)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

smokey8808 wrote:

the window_xx dummy must have the same rotation like the door dummys have, and it must be on the same height.
i just copied the door dummys and changed the properties of them for the windows of my scissor door lambos.
But I have the original helicopter. I haven't changed nothing to it and it has the same problem.

EDIT:
Oh! so freakin nice. I'm trying to make the rotation but seems like user defined options doesn't work not just for omni lights!
smokey8808

Post by smokey8808 »

I dont know about the swift in particular.

I can just speak for the lambos i made, i rotated a door dummy by 90° and placed the window dummy with respect to that position.
In other words, the centered local axis of the window and the position of the door dummy describes the window dummy.

Maybe a picture will explain:

I have heard about people having trouble with user defined options. but for me, they always stay, even when importing the car again.
I use the default Rot value anyway.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

smokey8808 wrote:I dont know about the swift in particular.

I can just speak for the lambos i made, i rotated a door dummy by 90° and placed the window dummy with respect to that position.
In other words, the centered local axis of the window and the position of the door dummy describes the window dummy.

Maybe a picture will explain:

I have heard about people having trouble with user defined options. but for me, they always stay, even when importing the car again.
I use the default Rot value anyway.
It works. I made a copy of the door dummy and remade it to box dummy then I renamed it as windows and everything works fine but that user defined option has to be fixed.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

yup.
Rupp3r

Post by Rupp3r »

nobody can help me? :(
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Rupp3r wrote:nobody can help me? :(
nobody understood you.
Rupp3r

Post by Rupp3r »

oh sorry, i thought i had enough explained my problem..

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/clscross.png/

the aiming cross is too low, i would like it to be higher, but i tried modifying the handling and moving the main dummy, i can t get it higher...
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Rupp3r wrote:oh sorry, i thought i had enough explained my problem..

http://img23.imageshack.us/i/clscross.png/

the aiming cross is too low, i would like it to be higher, but i tried modifying the handling and moving the main dummy, i can t get it higher...
well you're not the only one who has this problem.
Rupp3r

Post by Rupp3r »

yes, i had seen some people who had this problem some months ago... did you know how to resolve it?
TAR-TON

Re: GTA4 WFT Export discussion

Post by TAR-TON »

:shock: guess all the attachments are gone since forum got updated...
so can somebody hook me up the GTAIV_Textures.xml file plz