GTA4 WFT Export discussion

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

Re: GTA4 WFT Export discussion

Post by Oleg »

Thanks, I've restored this topic.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Is there a file in GTA 4 that contains an information what can and what cannot be in the wtf hierarchy? I mean like a list of node names. For example headlight_r does exist but head_light_r doesn't (I mean in a way that it would function properly). Is there a way to know what exactly works and what not? (I'm not talking about shaders)

Post by Guest »

проблемма при экспорте - нажимаю на экспорт показывает что грузится и не отвичает. что это может быть?
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Why everything is missing?
I needed the 'GTA4 Collision' topic.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Sorry, I've pruned it by mistake.

Edit: I've restored "GTA4: Collision" and "GTA: Scene assembly" topics.
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

Thankyou Oleg.
FPSmodder

Post by FPSmodder »

Hey everyone.I need help!
So,i decided to convert a car from FM4 autovista,and it was fine ,until the cars size became more than 9.3~9.5 Mb,now i get RC20,but if I remove some details,and the size goes down to 9.2mb,its fine!

I was like,ok its way too big for zmodeler,but couple of days later I saw Mercedes SLR,on our site,and it was 10.9Mb.

So is there a FIX for it?I am working with zmodeler 2.2.2 build 964/962 ,i haven't tried to export it with 2.2.6,with new filters.

If it is possible to FIX it,please tell me how.

THANKS! :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

The file size is not the over-detalization indication you should use in a first place. I suspect the target file could be even 50Mb and contain a working model. The problem is generally in a geometry layout inside the file. If there are smaller pieces of mesh, the game will give less rc20; once these pieces get bigger you can get rc20 instantly. For example, you can have 1000 materials and have only 100 polygons per single material - your overal model will contain 1000 small geometry pieces and be 100k polygons at all, but it will work with no rc20.

the latest version of filter is preferable to export high-detaIled models, since it uses different mesh-partitioning techniques.
puafia

Post by puafia »

I have imported my first car model into Z, assigned materials, textures, labelled everything, created heirachy, collision objects. All this worked fine.
I can export my car to a WFT file without any error messages.
I can import the WFT into Z and dont see any problems.
I can import the WFT and WTD file into the GTA vehicles img file and view my car in OpenIV. Everything looks as it should.

My problem is when I try to spawn the car within GTAIV, the game crashes and I am not sure what is causing this to happen

Can you kindly offer some suggestions as to what could be causing the crash?

Thanks
puafia

Post by puafia »

I found out what was causing the game to crash. It was the object axes pointing different directions.
My car can be driven in GTAIV, but I cant see the wheels for lr, rr, rf, which have dummy objects. I can only see wheelmesh_lf.

What am I doing wrong for the dummy wheels not appearing in the game?

Thanks
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Is your wheelmesh object name specified in square braces? e.g "[wheelmesh_l0]".
puafia

Post by puafia »

Oleg wrote:Is your wheelmesh object name specified in square braces? e.g "[wheelmesh_l0]".
Yup, that was what I missed. Thanks!
puafia

Post by puafia »

Sorry to bother again. My rims and tyres look fine in Z and when I preview in OpenIV, but in the game I can only see the tyres. The rims are invisible.

I mapped the tire material/texture to the tyre. A Chrome material to the edge of the rim and lock nuts. A different texture to the centre of the rim. Then attached all pieces together.

Is there something I'm missing in the process?
Kotton

Post by Kotton »

yes, you're missing something

you're missing the brains it takes to simply open ANY original file and study the inherent shaders and mesh properties

you're also missing the common sense it would take to read any and all pinned topics in this sub-forum - hope this helps! :roll:
puafia

Post by puafia »

Kotton wrote:yes, you're missing something

you're missing the brains it takes to simply open ANY original file and study the inherent shaders and mesh properties

you're also missing the common sense it would take to read any and all pinned topics in this sub-forum - hope this helps! :roll:
The missing brains worked it out. So yeah, thanks for the kind words....
FPSmodder

Post by FPSmodder »

AHHHH! again! rc20 on a car that exported normally for 2 months!rc20 is not caused by zmodeler,i changed my vcredist and it messed up everything.in 2011 i haven't got any errors like rc20 or just crashes.but my pc was full of crap,and i had to reinstall my windows,i reinstalled it,opened the same car (everything was fine before),exported,rc20.

I will try to figure out how i managed to stay away from rc20

I will share the necessary files,as soon as i figure out how to fix it!

+ i tried to export it with 222 962/964,224,225,226(with new filters),same result,rc20

Funny thing!
i spawned my RR ghost,it magically spawned O_o
then i restarted the game without touching anything,rc20.so rc20 is not caused by zmodeler,its something else!
jani201

Post by jani201 »

Anyone know why zmodeler crashes when i try to export wft? I'd like to see how much stuff i'm still lacking before my conversion project works ingame.

Using Zmodeler 2.2.4 build 981.
jani201

Post by jani201 »

jani201 wrote:Anyone know why zmodeler crashes when i try to export wft? I'd like to see how much stuff i'm still lacking before my conversion project works ingame.

Ok now i can export it but now it crashes when i try to spawn it. export problem was because of too high res textures i guess.
Maby because of handling_sa/vehicles_sa.ide i cant spawn the car? Or any other reasons?
jani201

Post by jani201 »

jani201 wrote:
jani201 wrote:Anyone know why zmodeler crashes when i try to export wft? I'd like to see how much stuff i'm still lacking before my conversion project works ingame.

Ok now i can export it but now it crashes when i try to spawn it.
Maby because of handling_sa/vehicles_sa.ide i cant spawn the car? Or any other reasons?
i can export with only 1 material, but then it wont work ingame. if i use multiple materials zmodeler crashes so i can export only with too low amount of materials :( i need to check everything i can...
ormazd

Post by ormazd »

hi, i have a problem, car dancing after changing wheel,(just rim change)
(hub - suspention- and others did not change )

Here is a video of my issue 7 mb size :cry:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wl3lq71hmnwnnou

Post by Guest »

Hey there..

anyone still having the file from the first post? The link does not work sadly.

Thanks!
Threep
Kotton

Post by Kotton »

^ +1 ..materials.xml is missing, please reup
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

reuploaded.
ThreepH

Post by ThreepH »

GongoBongo

Post by GongoBongo »

Здравствуй Олег такая проблема сконвертил авто, в игре всё хорошо было, но после того как добавляю какую либо деталь в игре выкидывает rc20 размер модели не большой 3,16 мб. Деталь буквально в 200 поли.
Как это решить?