GTA4 WFT Export discussion

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Oleg
Site Admin

GTA4 WFT Export discussion

Post by Oleg »

This thread for discussion and bugs reporting.

ATTENTION! Always keep a .z3d save of your work! When filter updates will come up, you will need to reexport wft files.

Declarative part of filter is here:
http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=3887

Additional threads for GTA4 modding are:

GTA4 Collision
GTA4 Scene assembly
GTA4 Materials and textures
GTA4 Lights

Game stability verification:
Game crash (usually with SMPA60 Unrecoverable error) can appear after:
- start the game (last saved game)
- load another saved game
- locate your vehicle ingame
- destroy it.
- move away and take another vehicle for a ride. It will take less than two minutes for a game to crash.

Certain exported models might work fine and do not affect game stability. Steps above supplied for testing stability, but should not be considered as the only way of testing.

Before importing stock models or opening example pack files, make sure to specify vehshare folder with textures in Services/Textures search paths list. Imported or opened vehicle must be fully textured!

Update: 6 July 2009:
Fatal Error SMPA60 was confirmed to appear on models with missing objects. You need to keep the same "extra_*" objects and passanger seat dummies as in original vehicle. At least a complete replace of schafter model does not cause SMPA60 error when missing "extras" were added.

Update: 23 July 2009:
Mesh deformation was updated. Exported models should have the same level of visual damage as original models. You should re-export your models to get them updated.

Update: 08.March 2012:
I'm attaching GTA textures configuration preset. Copy this XML file into ZModeler\Install folder and start ZModeler.
Attachments
GTAIV_Textures.xml
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 1433 times
Last edited by Oleg on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:52 am, edited 9 times in total.
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

Oleg thanks for the release of the beta exporter but i have a problem,i have updated the version 2.2.1 from Build 959 to Build 960 for the exporter and now when i import a file .wft
Zmodeler crashes i have this error only with .wft files...others are ok

but with Build 959 i import the files withot problems
and i noticed when i import a wft file in build 959 first voice was chassi with the +
while the shafter z3d starts with shafter.wft and in it there is the chassis
hope u can help me :wink:
chiefwhosm

Post by chiefwhosm »

Call me blind, but where is the 960 download link? Can't seem to find it, and the download on the ZM2 homepage is still the old 959 link. Thought it might be on the GTA IV beta export testing thread but there's no download at all there.
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

i have updated the 959 with update tool
chiefwhosm

Post by chiefwhosm »

Thanks for that, i'd forgotten about the update tool :D
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

I have played the game with modified car and there is no crashes for me. It works fine explodes like every car on GTA IV but there is something wrong with damage. front and rear bumper deforms as they get hit but rest of the car still remains the same:(
Fabio206

Post by Fabio206 »

Great news, big thanks Oleg :)
_aLeX

Post by _aLeX »

Chasez wrote:I have played the game with modified car and there is no crashes for me. It works fine explodes like every car on GTA IV but there is something wrong with damage. front and rear bumper deforms as they get hit but rest of the car still remains the same:(
Great news! Do you have some screenshots? =)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

_aLeX wrote:
Chasez wrote:I have played the game with modified car and there is no crashes for me. It works fine explodes like every car on GTA IV but there is something wrong with damage. front and rear bumper deforms as they get hit but rest of the car still remains the same:(
Great news! Do you have some screenshots? =)
I'll make a video and upload it to youtube I will post the link here:)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Since the export filter works pretty fine for me I tried to export something from san andreas but now I don't know how, cause I tried replace the wheel but it doesn't appear in the game:( the car is just hanging in the air.
Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

Oleg, you have to configure that GTA-IV for modding?
That is, which of the four patch (1.0.1.0, 1.0.2.0, 1.0.3.0 or 1.0.4.0),
and as a program to unlock the files?
Have the same settings is important. :)
City_Poke912

Post by City_Poke912 »

Hey Oleg I have one problem with this.

I textured a black part to material paint1 but I don't have a colors in black part. Can you help me?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

paint1 requires noise texture on UV#1, (scale mapping, so noise is repeated over the mesh several times); it requires specular map (vehiclesmallspecmap, UV#2, disabled), dirt map (vehicledirtmap, UV#2)... refer original paint1 settings. I haven't written a topic on materials yet..
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

and what about if we have new materials?for example i have replaced a wheel but when i export the wheel is untextured

Code: Select all

Object "banshee.wft" was not found. Whole scene will be exported.
Missing shader configuration for shader "gta_vehicle_MOMO_Corse_gm" in material "MOMO_Corse_gm". Defaulting to "gta_default".
Missing shader configuration for shader "gta_vehicle_conti" in material "conti". Defaulting to "gta_default".
Missing shader configuration for shader "gta_vehicle_conti-sc2" in material "conti-sc2". Defaulting to "gta_default".
Missing shader configuration for shader "gta_vehicle_brake" in material "brake". Defaulting to "gta_default".
SDrifter

Post by SDrifter »

SparkIV son.
Mr. BerK

Problem

Post by Mr. BerK »

I have the same problem of "Neos7". I'm trying to put a new wheel on the Coquette, but when i export the car, all the new materials reset. :(
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

City_Poke912 wrote:Hey Oleg I have one problem with this.

I textured a black part to material paint1 but I don't have a colors in black part. Can you help me?
how did you add that black model? I've tried everything I know but it doesn't work for me:(
SDrifter

Post by SDrifter »

Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

SDrifter wrote:Heres what ive done by now: http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.ph ... u=13820578
Now this is what I did Image :D:D:D This model has a wheels but the other one didn't:D

I did everything that I knew to make the game crash but the game still went on:)
Vlady

Post by Vlady »

Chasez wrote:
Now this is what I did Image :D:D:D This model has a wheels but the other one didn't:D

I did everything that I knew to make the game crash but the game still went on:)

Congratz my gta 4 keeps crashing without any modding to it :oops: :roll:

It's great you've released the beta I hope the crashing problem will be fixed soon :wink:
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Now this is how far I am now Image
Mr. BerK

edit

Post by Mr. BerK »

Post by Guest »

azam8

Post by azam8 »

Well Done Mr berk Looks Fantastic These next few days i think we will see some amazing models and its all thanks to Oleg im personaly trying to export a gt carrera because its my alltime fav car peroid happy modeling to all :D
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

azam8 wrote:Well Done Mr berk Looks Fantastic These next few days i think we will see some amazing models and its all thanks to Oleg im personaly trying to export a gt carrera because its my alltime fav car peroid happy modeling to all :D
Thanks to Oleg it's like christmas for all of us:D:D:D