GTA4 WFT Export discussion

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

When everything is stable, you will need a guide for non-exact crazy.
I have no intention of ruining my PC.
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

my WIP,stil need some fixs

Fl@sh

Post by Fl@sh »

@ FUBAR: THIS MUSTANG ROCKS!
I can't wait to drive one of these cars!

e.: Can some1 convert the SA Sentinel to IV?
Mr. BerK

Post by Mr. BerK »

Hey LeX91, how did u fix your Subaru wheel problem? I converted a Opala Diplomata, a brazilian car, and i'm having the same problem, but, everytime that i exported the car, the rear wheels are bigger and bigger. Look:

http://h.imagehost.org/0370/wheel_problem.jpg

Can u say me how to fix this? Thx so much
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

maybe u don't scale the geomtry but only the normals
EDIT:NO the front it ok :?
Tom_2

Post by Tom_2 »

Mr. BerK, copy collision from front wheels and put it on rear wheels i fixed them that
Mr. BerK

Post by Mr. BerK »

Thanx Tom_2, it worked! *-* Thank you soo much. :)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

When i import a .wft files in Zmodeler 2 it don't open, all textures are in .png in the same folder as the model and i have selected GTA IV .wft. I have auto-updated to Zmodeler 2.21 build 960, it didn't also worked on build 959 :(
Oleg please help me to find a solution for this problem, thanks in advance.
Mr. BerK

Post by Mr. BerK »

Hello guys! Can u help me, again? :oops:

I texturized all my car again, the brazilian Opala Diplomata, with new textures (modified with G-Textures program). All working fine, but the wheels just don't appear in the game! They are invisible. I see some modded cars here with new textures in the wheels, like the Mustang and the Subaru. Can some1 help me with this? Thanx guys! :D
Boomel

Post by Boomel »

Can I use for collision file these sphere? It will be working? Or it must be COL like in original schafter model?

BTW Hello everybody :)
Neos7

Post by Neos7 »

those are SA collisione i think aren't avaible to IV

Berk maybe ur material isn't fixed as shaders want try to name the material simple tire and to add the user defined options like a gta4 car tire
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Boomel wrote: Can I use for collision file these sphere? It will be working? Or it must be COL like in original schafter model?
Everything must be like schafter model and I think that part names have to be exactly the same as schafter or any other car in GTA IV. at least that's what I do with my model, just rename all :)
Tom_2

Post by Tom_2 »

i have changet wheels and got this problem :((
someone know how to fix this? :(
ETc_Gabriel

Post by ETc_Gabriel »

this is my project, a VW Gol 86 (VW Brazil) scratch made by "BMT"
Image Image Image

apparently is well advanced, only want to repair a defect in the reflection of the wheel, which by turning it blinks. and want to create the map of the dirt

what is the channel used by the uv map texture of dirt?

-------------
Tom_2, you already tried to reposition the "collision" on all wheels?
Sylvania

Post by Sylvania »

Can someone give me some tips how this works haha, I have no idea as far as materials are concerned, msn or pm me, i dont wanna make this off topic.

PS: I'm not a noob I just have no idea how to do this lol
Dany90

Post by Dany90 »

Can someone help me with doors colision it doesn't work and the other colision models are working only the ones from doors :|

Post by Guest »

Chasez wrote:
Boomel wrote: Can I use for collision file these sphere? It will be working? Or it must be COL like in original schafter model?
Everything must be like schafter model and I think that part names have to be exactly the same as schafter or any other car in GTA IV. at least that's what I do with my model, just rename all :)
Yes i know about changing names into the same like in shafter..But can i use this SA col file to make IV col ? Is it work?
melvin v/d berg

Post by melvin v/d berg »

I imported the original futo model and export it directly.
No errors or warnings, everyting was fine.

When I started gtaiv and spawned an futo it looks fine. Everyting was like normal.
But later I found 2 problems.

-All driving futo's has flying wheels everywere around them.
When I come closer the wheels are just fine. When I leave the wheels are flipping again.
-There is damage, but the car can't be heavy damaged. It can't deflate.

Did anyone has this problems?
Also I don't get an SMPA60 errors. The game is running smoothly.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Everyone: Keep your work in .z3d format! Never use Export->Import->Export->Import... It will accumulate problems..

Collision model ingame is numeric-based, it does not use floating-point values. There is, probably, a heavy math underlying these numeric computations, which works much faster than floating-point computations. When you import-export-import-export, some values might change slowly (when converting numeric to floating point and then back again). In certain cases this disagree can raise quite fast.

ALL objects must use unified scale. Use "Modify\Exact Transform" and set scale to 1.0 on all axes. The only exception is a wheel collision cylinders - their scale could be any.

Concerning, Band Cars - I'll check if availability of all extra_* will get rid of SMPA60 problem. It would be very nice if this is the cause of the problem.

Concerning random distortion of the mesh (subaru wheels as posted above) send me .z3d file (no textures needed) in private message - I'll examine each case. Also, I'll try to rewrite a vertices/polygons allocation routines, sine the problem is there, even thought no strict rules of allocation still known.

Very poor deformations is still a known problem. I'm trying to spot a solution by swapping original and modified areas of wft files. Hopefully it will be resolved. Once again - if you keep a .z3d copy of your work, you will need to re-export then.

Materials - Check original models settings (make sure to load them with all textures). For example, shader paint1 uses random-noise texture for metallic painting which is unwrapped on UV#1, and dirt texture is unwrapped on UV#2. While shader vehglass uses main texture in UV#1 and glass-dirt texture on UV#2. Refer original models for proper settings.
ETc_Gabriel

Post by ETc_Gabriel »

very good, thanks Oleg, you are the best

Post by Guest »

I had a problem with model.
I export model to wtf and that's a result.When car came closer to Niko game crash.
I merged these parts with original schafter:
If I merged them with dummies game doesn't show car - it crash instantly when car arrive on the streets.
What's the problem?
:?
Boomel

Post by Boomel »

Forget to login sorry.That's my eclipse conversion. :roll:
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

BREAKING NEWS!!! WATCH OUT!!! there's a thief who stoles all the models and uploads them HERE without a permission! So don't trust no one!
Boomel

Post by Boomel »

Mercedes was stolen - was maded by Owenwilson, not sure about voodoo police.There's in sabre tuned except mustang so mustang was not stolen.