GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Art.G.

Post by Art.G. »

And...i forgot..i want to ask you, is it possible to convert cars from R*'s game Midnight Club L.A. to GTA IV(cause this two games are based on the same engine-RAGE)?
:D
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

mesh distortion and random "hedgehog effect" is nearly solved now, but I've got another problem - the game seems to crash constantly with "SMPA60 - Unrecoverable Error" message.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:mesh distortion and random "hedgehog effect" is nearly solved now, but I've got another problem - the game seems to crash constantly with "SMPA60 - Unrecoverable Error" message.
silly question but have you tried to reinstall the game and then add the new model?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope. I have a backup of all files that I modify. when I place original file or restore original file inside of IMG archive, everything works fine. If I had an information where "SMPA60" occures, this could help - either it's a "dirt sampler", or "collision volumes collider", or "mesh deformation unit" - no idea. So I have to check just everything.
Vermoot

Post by Vermoot »

Well, good luck then ! ;-)

Post by guest »

meby its just your hardware? tried on other?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg wrote:nope. I have a backup of all files that I modify. when I place original file or restore original file inside of IMG archive, everything works fine. If I had an information where "SMPA60" occures, this could help - either it's a "dirt sampler", or "collision volumes collider", or "mesh deformation unit" - no idea. So I have to check just everything.

You are great. Keep up the good work and if something is not right just post it here and we'll try to help just to speed things up:D:)
can't wait can't wait can't wait:D:D:D
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

It seems like I'm completely running out of ideas. I'll clean things up in a filter and will release a sort of "for personal use only". It can export fine (but not perfectly) working models, so users can make their own models and export them into GTA. I hope these mods will not be publically released but could help locating and solving problems. Me be I'm getting blind with my schafter model and don't see something that others could find out quite easy?. I hope so. :)

So, give me just a day (or so) to release a filter for you guys!.
ruscris2

Post by ruscris2 »

Thank you Oleg !!! You are Awesome !
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

might be a long shot, but the spikey/deformed model could be graphics card related in some way?

I'll definatly have a play around with it when you release thes 'beta' filter :)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Well when you will release the beta filter we will definitely help you cause then we will see ourselves what is the problem and let you know :)

Oh and btw I heard this interesting thing that if you export models from SparkIV it changes the scale of the model but I don't know for sure cause I read it on some forum
Gforce

Post by Gforce »

Prince-Link over on gtaf has been having a similar "Hedgehog" issue with his dff2wdr model converter and it seems to have been a padding problem.

topic is here -----> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?show ... 1059323477

Great work with getting this far Oleg :)
DexX

Post by DexX »

Oleg wrote:It seems like I'm completely running out of ideas. I'll clean things up in a filter and will release a sort of "for personal use only". It can export fine (but not perfectly) working models, so users can make their own models and export them into GTA. I hope these mods will not be publically released but could help locating and solving problems. Me be I'm getting blind with my schafter model and don't see something that others could find out quite easy?. I hope so. :)

So, give me just a day (or so) to release a filter for you guys!.
They will publicly release mods, regardless of how stable the filter is. Personally i think you should wait until the remaining bugs are sorted out, or at least limit who can test the filter. This would be a nice benefit for registered users :wink:
Alex

Post by Alex »

Maybe R* can give us some more information about error code SMPA60. The official error code list gives no detailed information.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

unfortunally, I was "waiting until remaining bugus are sorted out" for more than 3 monthes. At this moment I can't clearly say that I could find where to search for solution, so these problems will not resolve themselfes. Actually, it should be stated that no mods should be downloaded or it will ruin your game! everywhere mods appear for download.

On the other hand, exported schafter model does not cause game crash or SMPA60 error. it works just fine, except mesh deformations. They are way too small in comparison to original model (but not vice versa as some users stated at gtaforums).
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

As I already said
Chasez wrote: btw I heard this interesting thing that if you export models from SparkIV it changes the scale of the model but I don't know for sure cause I read it on some forum
P.S. the entertainment industry hopes that their material will be bought but in stead everyone is downloading it for free. Can't fight with that if someone wants the mod he will definitely get it and I think too that there is no reason to not to release the filter cause if the unknown problem can't be solved now maybe the released testing beta will help you solve it
GRANDiX

Post by GRANDiX »

And where it is possible to download beta the filter version, tell please :wink:
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

GRANDiX wrote:And where it is possible to download beta the filter version, tell please :wink:
LOL! haven't you read the comments above? :D the download will be possible if Oleg will release the filter!
Gforce

Post by Gforce »

Chasez wrote: btw I heard this interesting thing that if you export models from SparkIV it changes the scale of the model but I don't know for sure cause I read it on some forum
you really should get your facts straight, it was i who reported that the Collada exporter for SparkIV scales the models too small, and i was actually talking about the map/wdr models.

original post found here -----> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?show ... 1059316507

with a follow up post below it on the same page.

PS i agree with DexX here, release this as a beta test package for your Zmod2 subscribers to beta test exported model stability on a variety of systems before the hords of downloaders spam your forums with numerous complaints :wink:
Switch Designs

Post by Switch Designs »

Oleg wrote:unfortunally, I was "waiting until remaining bugus are sorted out" for more than 3 monthes. At this moment I can't clearly say that I could find where to search for solution, so these problems will not resolve themselfes. Actually, it should be stated that no mods should be downloaded or it will ruin your game! everywhere mods appear for download.

On the other hand, exported schafter model does not cause game crash or SMPA60 error. it works just fine, except mesh deformations. They are way too small in comparison to original model (but not vice versa as some users stated at gtaforums).
I think it's the modders responsibility to make sure their mods work properly before shareing them with the world and to say all mods will ruin your game and therefore should not be downloaded is not right! People will get the filter and if they make a mod and it causes problems in peoples games then it's their fault not yours Oleg!

Also have you tried changing the model and putting it in the game instead of just importing a model and then exporting it back without changes? Maybe a from scratch model will not have the same issues! It's just a thought and i want to point out that if I make a GTAIV mod it will not mess up your game! Mods found on my site www.gtaforlife.com are safe and always will be because I'm not going to release broken shit to the public!
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg, I tested the schafter and so far so good, no errors or crashes. I even made the front bumper a little bit further to see what happens but nothing the game was still on and going but there is problem with damages. The front and rear bumper are the only ones that shows the damages but rest of the car still remains the same.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope. it needs much more pressure to cause damage on parts. e.g. if you run under an unattached trailer in docks - the roof get scratched and deforms slightly. original schafter gets much more roof deformation in such a case.
usser

Post by usser »

when i exported schafter ingame the windows is white and the wheels flashing white coulour etc do u have to edit material or something, could u make a quick tutorial on gta iv how to do stuff thats special to gta iv. And is it possible to add "new" cars instead of replacing... cuz to get dlc bikes u just add handling and vehicle.dat something... but they were alredy in... and prob hard coded or something. ty :P
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

usser wrote:when i exported schafter ingame the windows is white and the wheels flashing white coulour etc do u have to edit material or something, could u make a quick tutorial on gta iv how to do stuff thats special to gta iv. And is it possible to add "new" cars instead of replacing... cuz to get dlc bikes u just add handling and vehicle.dat something... but they were alredy in... and prob hard coded or something. ty :P
You have to point the path to the textures in settings->textures and then press ''add'' find the path where the car texture and vehshare textures are. When you have done that the next time you open the model in 3D view you will see all textures:)
Mr. BerK

Crash

Post by Mr. BerK »

Hello guys! I'm using the Spark IV 0.6.2.2 to export the car model and textures, but when i try to import the car on Zmodeler 2.2.1, the program crashes and close. Can someone please help me? Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian.