GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

truta

Post by truta »

oleg is it possible to connect lights and body in one mash to avoid lights x axes offset
Dageron

Post by Dageron »

Oleg, have you got in plans add support for Xbox360 models? Format is the same, only data-endian differs and compression method. That will be great!
chiefwhosm

Post by chiefwhosm »

oleg is it possible to connect lights and body in one mash to avoid lights x axes offset
At a guess, I'd imagine they need to be seperate if they're to be breakable.

What if you set the lights back x number of units before import to IV? do they then go nearer their true positions once in game?

Wild suggestion but what if you upload a 3ds of an export to ZM > import to iv > export to ZM so we can load it in other modelling apps to see if the distortion occurs in programs other than ZM?

Chief :)
knightprowl

Post by knightprowl »

ok, im gonna request this here and now, oleg, for a good test to see if all will work, could you plz convert KITT from SA to IV, the one made by tobie on Moddb, the season 4, cause ive heard that its impossible to do it since SA is diifrent then IV, but plz try to make a acctual car mod instead of just editing orginials, then if it doesnt work, then i wont ask anymore, but thats my request, plus it will go good with my GTA IV knight rider mod, so plz oleg plz try and convert KITT to IV, im not asking to be 100% just to try something besides IV cars editied, try and make KITT plz, im begging ya, cause without KITT my mod will be retarded, and i dont have the money for zmodeler and plus i used 3ds max, so plz try, anyways, sorry but i need it badly, thanks and peace

KP
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

I don't convert or make any mods. CLK above was just an example for those who said "i don't believe these pictures". concerning lights - of cause, everything can be made and placed where it's neede to be. I just left schafter taillights where they were and replaced only body parts - doors, bonned, bumpers etc. Additionally, GTAIV texture tools do not offer "adding" textures in wtd files, right? They can replace textures only? so, I replaced schafter_interior texture with clk_interior to fit properly; clk uses several textures for lights, while schafter has only one "slot" - schafter_lights texture for all head/tail/indicator lights. that is why I left original lights.

concerning damage model. There is an issue with it too. The most remarkable is the "level of damage" - modified vehicle is hardly deformable. it deforms a little when i smash the car on a pretty high speed, while I can't locate what should be adjusted to make deformations similar to original. Even re-exported schafter model suffer from small deformations.
City_Poke912

Post by City_Poke912 »

This is a handling of Schafter
SCHAFTER 1700.0 5.5 85 0.0 0.0 -0.09 0.0 5 0.17 1.0 141.0 0.27 0.65 0.7 35.0 1.25 0.95 13.5 0.14 0.47 1.6 1.3 1.3 0.12 -0.16 0.0 0.5 1.0 1.0 0.8 1.5 0.0 25000 440010 0 0I choose two numbers, this is a Deformation in IV, if you changes value on higher, you will have big damage, but if you give 0,1 you'll have small deformation. Match it to your like.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

nope. I mean achieving the same deformation as original schafter model without modification of other files. Something is wrong with exported WFT model, so deformations are very small.
_aLeX

Post by _aLeX »

Hm... is there no chance to get the export script working properly? :(
Doberman

Post by Doberman »

If not, you could release it as something to create or edit weapons, objects and other such models.
Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

Only need a little time, Oleg certainly succeeds. :)
chiefwhosm

Post by chiefwhosm »

= modified vehicle is hardly deformable. it deforms a little when i smash the car on a pretty high speed,=

Not that the Schafter deforms much on high impact crashes anyway.
City_Poke912

Post by City_Poke912 »

I have 2 questions for you, Oleg.

1. When you release a expory filter for IV?
2. Can you post a screen with damaged Schafter? (modify)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

1. filter works too badly still. I'll put some more effort in it before releasing a "half-working beta".
2. may be later...
egas5241

Post by egas5241 »

I can't wait for this.

Oleg, you are the MAN!

: D
GetchHard

Post by GetchHard »

I so glad that I read and visit this topic i got to many information that I really need.,

Post by Switch Designs »

I'll pay you 10 dollars if you make a wdr (weapon) import / export filter!
City_Poke912

Post by City_Poke912 »

Oleg wrote:Additionally, GTAIV texture tools do not offer "adding" textures in wtd files.
Oleg, it's possible to add new textures to Grand Theft Auto IV. Go to PM and I tell you how add a textures to WTD.
Automan
Beginner

Post by Automan »

I changed my P7 Ferrari, and now is a Cheetah for GTA-IV. :)
Lacking only the filter. :D
Kotton

Post by Kotton »

knightprowl wrote:ok, im gonna request this here and now, oleg, for a good test to see if all will work, could you plz convert KITT from SA to IV, the one made by tobie on Moddb, the season 4, cause ive heard that its impossible to do it since SA is diifrent then IV, but plz try to make a acctual car mod instead of just editing orginials, then if it doesnt work, then i wont ask anymore, but thats my request, plus it will go good with my GTA IV knight rider mod, so plz oleg plz try and convert KITT to IV, im not asking to be 100% just to try something besides IV cars editied, try and make KITT plz, im begging ya, cause without KITT my mod will be retarded, and i dont have the money for zmodeler and plus i used 3ds max, so plz try, anyways, sorry but i need it badly, thanks and peace

KP
you're even beggn Oleg to do it for you? ffs, I'd say it's hard to believe but it isn't - you're pathetic - oh, and btw, no matter what you do, your mod will ALWAYS be wetoded.. and so will YOU xD

*my impression of KP* "hi, I've been begging people to do gta modz for me for three long years now.. at first, a few of them fell for it, but when I took all the credit and acted like it was MY mod and not the peeps that were working on it, they left me high and dry - so please, anybody, please, help me finish these super stupid low quality modz - cuz even tho I could have learned everything from tweaking handling lines to cleo scripting in this time, I'm too lazy to - so please, I can't do ANYTHING without your help - please help me!"

urhrhrhrhrr
switch_designs

Money talks and knightprowl walks!

Post by switch_designs »

Ha Ha knightprowl got told lmao!

Oleg I'll pay ya 20$ for a .wdr (weapons) import/export filter! I really need it...Ugg it's making me so crazy! Making mods like the one below would be so much easier and would look so much better if I didn't have to just use the models I find in the game!

Also I added your site to my iframes news page at http://www.gtaforlife.com/news.html!
Murrchachosa

Post by Murrchachosa »

Oleg, I think you should look at this.

GTA3/VC/SA DFF to WDR

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=6698
Doberman

Post by Doberman »

Any news on the export script?
Art.G.

Post by Art.G. »

Yeah,Oleg....we want to know something new about process...because your last post was on 31 of May...

З.Ы. Новвыыые таачки хочеццаааа))))
:D
03C0

Post by 03C0 »

Exactly, he hasn't posted since the 31st. Hence, no news on the export script. Be patient.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

sorry, but i'm still there. face to face to a buggy export. After a long time of messing and replacing "original" data and "exported" I've located that problem is in layout (order/padding/align) of mesh/geometry block. My geometry block "attached" to structure part (the part that organizes the mesh hierarchy, phisics, collision, materials, shaders, etc.) produces buggy file (with messed geometry as shown above). Original geometry "attached" to exported structure part works fine.

Literally, filter exports correct mesh organization and arrangement, including collision, hierarchy, materials and shaders, but the mesh geometry data is laid a bit improperly (in terms of game requirements), so I get messed mesh randomly. For example, exported model might work fine on high detail, but when I restart the game, I get some messed parts, after I load a saved game I get much more messed parts and just few minutes later game hangs up.