GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

drunkrussian9

Post by drunkrussian9 »

Oleg wrote:nope, I haven't got any files.

Limits on rotational dummies (spheres) are set as user-defined options. Names: RotX RotY and RotZ, Values are low..high
it seems different for the hakumai. I'm trying to get the pop up headlights to work, and so far they work, just the headlight turns too far up. It's not a rotational dummy.

I tried putting in custom fields, but the ingame there was no difference. I looked in the hakumai file and saw that it too doesn't have custom fields there.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Pop-up lights are set as misc_a in hakumai. They are not set on rotational joint and doesn't seem to have rotational limits. May be it's hard-coded somewhere else?
Sleepy93HUN

Post by Sleepy93HUN »

Hi all! I tried convert a BMW 325i for GTAIV, The zm2 couldn't export wtf.
I tried export wrote

Error collecting export data. file:GTAIVExport.cpp line:75
$Part multiple instances of LOD:0 of part "chassis" found. file:GTAIVExport.cpp line:334

pls help!!!
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have several geometry objects with name "chassis". you should either make a single object of them, or place a Level Of Detail indications in object names (_L0, _L1, _L2 in a tail of object names).
drunkrussian9

Post by drunkrussian9 »

Oleg wrote:Pop-up lights are set as misc_a in hakumai. They are not set on rotational joint and doesn't seem to have rotational limits. May be it's hard-coded somewhere else?
Aw damn really? Because the pop up lights won't work replacing any car but the hakumai. Seems you're right. Where could it possibly be.. it's not the model, not handling or veh.ide.

Also..
drunkrussian9 wrote:
Chasez wrote:Hey guys! Does anyone know is it possible to make more than four indicator lights? I know That you can attach a million of them to those four but I need them seperate.
Same here with headlights. I need two extra, separate of the original.
PUJI

Post by PUJI »

When I try to import a vehicle from GTAIV, the vehicle generic textures are missing. Where can they be found in GTA folder?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

vehshare.txd
vehshare_truck.txd
Dany90

Post by Dany90 »

Can someone import for me patriot from GTA IV? i need it to see some things about suspension

Post by Guest »

how do i get "registered version"..it says i need that to import..i wanna learn how to mod :D
i hope its free..im kinda broke :(
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Anonymous wrote:how do i get "registered version"..it says i need that to import..i wanna learn how to mod :D
i hope its free..im kinda broke :(
Sorry, gotta pay :)

Post by Guest »

how much...?

Post by Guest »

how much...?
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Anonymous wrote:how much...?
$60.0 (USD)

Post by Guest »

Thats kinda stupid....

Blender(another 3d modeling software)is completely free..and is probably much better..ive been using blender for 4 years..and zmodeler for 5 days..but the difference is substantially different, for the worse..

But, what am i going to do about it.

thanks anyway for the info :)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Anonymous wrote:Thats kinda stupid....

Blender(another 3d modeling software)is completely free..and is probably much better..ive been using blender for 4 years..and zmodeler for 5 days..but the difference is substantially different, for the worse..

But, what am i going to do about it.

thanks anyway for the info :)
I can bet that Zmod is a hole lot better than blender. You can't convert models to GTA IV with blender. Oleg works hard on it, so that's why he want's to get money for it. Don't you get paid for the job or you work for free?

Post by Guest »

..I dont want this to turn into a big internet fight, even though I LOVE to argue... but so did the person who made blender..
And have you checked blender?
if you haven't you shouldn't really talk about a subject you dont know anything about..(just incase)
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Anonymous wrote:..I dont want this to turn into a big internet fight, even though I LOVE to argue... but so did the person who made blender..
And have you checked blender?
if you haven't you shouldn't really talk about a subject you dont know anything about..(just incase)
I used it for about 2 minutes and deleted it from my computer and never have seen it again and to be honest with you I don't want to check it out anymore :) but with Zmodeler you really know what you are paying for.

Post by Guest »

exactly..i used zmodeler for 5 days..
and it still was crap,still is. myself i know i cant make anything like it but either way.
i find that blender is much better, while you can think your shit program is better.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Anonymous wrote:exactly..i used zmodeler for 5 days..
and it still was crap,still is. myself i know i cant make anything like it but either way.
i find that blender is much better, while you can think your shit program is better.
Then why are you still here? take your crap away, this is Zmod forum not blender!
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

this argument is silly, blender is free... zmodeler is free.. you only register to import/export from zmodeler.

Blender cannot export to GTA4 (as far as i know) so thats what your paying for with zmod.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Anonymous wrote:exactly..i used zmodeler for 5 days..
I don't think it's worth discussing whether ZModeler is better or worse than other 3D tools around. I think Blender is way better that ZModeler as a general 3D tool, but this is still not a point of the price set on my software. ZModeler isn't better, but it can do things than no other public tools in the world can do. Let me know if any other free 3D tool can export models to GTA:4... or Test Drive Unlimited...
JKM

Post by JKM »

hallelulja and amen xD youre damn right oleg^^
PUJI

Post by PUJI »

These 2 vehicles use the same material called paint1 (CLR:1). How can I make it look the same as one on the "Banshee"? http://img15.imageshack.us/i/61895011.png/
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

uv#1 should be scaled much, so texture is wrapped several times over the vehicle. it's used for metallic noise/glance. uv#2 is used for generic diffuse (usually replaced with blank white smallspecmap texture) and dirt/mud texture (usually vehiclegenericmud or something like this).
Kickflipkid687

Post by Kickflipkid687 »

Some cars also don't use the metalic texture, so it's just a dirt map and plain paint.