GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

Re: Crash

Post by Guest »

Mr. BerK wrote:Hello guys! I'm using the Spark IV 0.6.2.2 to export the car model and textures, but when i try to import the car on Zmodeler 2.2.1, the program crashes and close. Can someone please help me? Sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian.
i have that problem with some cars too. for example, i can import the patriot, admiral, or pmp600 but when i try to import dukes or vigero, it crashes. i wonder whats the problem.
City_Poke912

Post by City_Poke912 »

Oleg, I try this and works fine :)
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

dukes, virego - i'll check this.
Mr. BerK

Can't Import

Post by Mr. BerK »

I can't import almost any car. I tryed Hakumai, Police Car, Coquette, etc. and none of those works. :/ I'm so sad

Re: Crash

Post by Guest »

Mr. BerK wrote:when i try to import the car on Zmodeler 2.2.1, the program crashes and close
Me too, build 960.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

crash on import - bug fixed. use autoupdater.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

Oleg, when I try to import anything it doesn't open:( If I press open it shows me empty page. Till Zmod 2.2.1 960 everything was fine. The export filter works good though.
Mr. BerK

Post by Mr. BerK »

Oleg, now the import filter is working perfectly. I'll wait for a fix with the textures things, shader problem. :wink:

Post by Guest »

Oleg wrote:crash on import - bug fixed. use autoupdater.
Thanks now it works.
doberman

Post by doberman »

You should make it export wdr aswell. gta4 needs more guns!
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

doberman wrote:You should make it export wdr aswell. gta4 needs more guns!
Prince-Link is working on it. You can find him on GTAforum.
SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

When i import a .wft files in Zmodeler in don't open, all textures are in .png in the same folder as the model and i have selected GTA IV .wft. I also have updated to Zmodeler 2.21 build 960, i also didn't worked on build 959 :(
Oleg please help me to find a solution for this problem, thanks in advance.
Chasez
Beginner

Post by Chasez »

SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:When i import a .wft files in Zmodeler in don't open, all textures are in .png in the same folder as the model and i have selected GTA IV .wft. I also have updated to Zmodeler 2.21 build 960, i also didn't worked on build 959 :(
that doesn't matter if you put the textures in the same path as model. go to options->settings->services->textures and add the folders with all textures (vehshare textures included), press ''ok'' and open the wft model :)

Post by Guest »

Chasez wrote:
SLAYERMAGGOT wrote:When i import a .wft files in Zmodeler in don't open, all textures are in .png in the same folder as the model and i have selected GTA IV .wft. I have updated to Zmodeler 2.21 build 960, it also didn't worked on build 959 :(
that doesn't matter if you put the textures in the same path as model. go to options->settings->services->textures and add the folders with all textures (vehshare textures included), press ''ok'' and open the wft model :)
Thanks for the help, now i've added the folder with the textures and imported the .wft models, but nothing happens, no kidding, no crash, it don't open.
RTC-BARON

Subaru

Post by RTC-BARON »

ImageImage :P
SLAYERMAGGOT

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

Chasez wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
Chasez wrote: that doesn't matter if you put the textures in the same path as model. go to options->settings->services->textures and add the folders with all textures (vehshare textures included), press ''ok'' and open the wft model :)
Thanks for the help, now i've added the folder with the textures and imported the .wft models, but nothing happens, no kidding, no crash, it don't open.
Oh! now I see what you really ment :D I have the same problem since Zm2.2.1 (960), there is somekind of problem so that's why I'm using two Zmodelers :D one is build 957 for importing .wft files and other is build 960 for editing and exporting .wft files :D:D:D:D I didn't have other solutions :( Seems like Oleg is busy or just ignores our little problem with importing :D:D:D:D
Well, i hope Oleg will fix this huge problem fast, because i need Zmodeler now for make some new GTA IV cars :(
SLAYERMAGGOT

Zmodeler 2 Import/Export Problem

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

Hello Oleg, can you help me please? :(
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Buy a legal copy of zmodeler and this problem will *disappear*!
EmsterFan

Post by EmsterFan »

ive got a really annoying problem:
when i was about to test my crown vic out, and i called the top-dummy car.wft (like i always do in gta sa), so i hit the export-button, called it car, and it says:

Code: Select all

Error collecting export data. file:GTAIVExport.cpp line:75
 ìDuplicate instances of part "door_pside_f" found. file:GTAIVExport.cpp line:323
first i was like wtf, so i hit the export-button again, and i called it car.wft this time, but i got the same fucking error =/
aaand

please help =(

EDIT: i think ive figured the error out
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

you have several door_pside_f dummy nodes in export branch.
azam8

Post by azam8 »

how do you change scene nodes from gta sa set up (sa mod model)to gta 4 +chasis chasis L0 ,L1,L2 etc. Or better yet how can i convert sa setup car to iv easily? or tut
How do i get wtd files from my model ;) thanks newbie just purchesed zmodeler just to do this for one car here is my wft file http://rapidshare.com/files/252900169/comet.wft.html
IV-Playa

Post by IV-Playa »

does anyone know a way to fix the (RTC) subaru impreza's dirt texture... the problem I see is that the cars colour fades as time goes on, and to restore the original colour I have to go to a car wash...

any help?
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

dirt texture should be properly mapped over the mesh. if you don't have mapping of dirt texture, it's upper-left pixel is used for unmapped areas, so the color of the car fades to dirt color slowly.

you can adjust material by specifying GTA4:DIRT 0.0
this will set maximum dirt level to 0 and the car will not be affected by dirt at all.
FunGt

Post by FunGt »

Hey Oleg I modified a coquette, all works good, but now I want to import my coquette again but it is locked?! I didn't lock it, how can I import it again? Plz asnwer.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

always keep a .z3d of your work. locked models can't be imported. you can check among ZModeler\Autosave folder whether it contains last stages of your work. You can try renaming some of *.bak files to their original extensions and open/import them.

Everyone: ALWAYS KEEP .Z3D OF YOUR WORK!