GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City discussion.

Moderator: Oleg

rabbit666

HELP

Post by rabbit666 »

[quote="XSB"]it mostly is caused by having the "Store textures" or whatever ticked in the export options. Untick it[/quote]
If ][ import its say the same. Do the same?
JP-LeoRX

Re: GTA IV: .WFT import filter in ZModeler v2.2.1

Post by JP-LeoRX »

Is there any limit of polygons you can import with this filter? I've exported a high-poly 3D model (721734 polys) to .wtf format. And when I try to import it Zmodeler crashes. I'm using Zmodeler 2.2.5.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

that's pretty extralarge poly count. there is a vertices limit of 64k, but polygons should be kept as low as possible. If you hit that kind of limit for a game 3d model, you should consider excessive optimisation and detail reduce.

there is a link to the interview of "NFS The Run" 3D artist (somewhere in "NFS The Run" thread), and he posted several screenshots of game models. you should check them up to see a quality 3D art work with less than 30k poly for entire model. I was pretty surprised to the accuracy and quality introduced.

Post by Guest »

Is there any work around that will allow multiple instances of the same object? I'm trying to create an extra (or several) that include pieces that should rotate with the doors.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

mount extra_* under respective door in hierarchy.