Zmod 1.07b Crash

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

thatwildrabbit

Zmod 1.07b Crash

Post by thatwildrabbit »

ok so i have WIndows Vista 32bit home premium and everytime i try to export a file it crashes with out hesitation. i have been looking for a solution for this issue for nearly 2 years now.. is there anything i can or cant do to stop this problem

i use Zmod to Mod Live For Speed which uses a MTR filter i think is user created not sure.. but hopefully someone can help me fix this issue cause my laptop i cannot put XP on which i have no issues on XP
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: Zmod 1.07b Crash

Post by Oleg »

make sure that zmod1 can export at least any other format sucessfully;

then refer Filters\MRT.txt file for a filter description - there could be some limitations or must-follow rules lised.

Try to export some very simple model first. just a cube is only color material. if still no luck, I've got no other solutions on my hands, since zmod1 is no longer supported.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Zanoza modeler has worked fine on the new systems right? I would definately like to know that.
Flag of Nevada
cdblister

Post by cdblister »

that's odd, i have the same issue.
havent tried exporting until i read this....i usually just save as .z3d & import to zmod 2

i was having issues IMPORTING to 1.07b, so i figured an answer would be here.
maybe some filters just dont work with vista & above.
...btw, i'm running windows7 64 bit
filters worked fine on windows XP, but sadly compatability mode doesnt change that.
joealker

Post by joealker »

i have a similar problem, this time with saving to a normal z3d file.
I am using Windows 7 Home Preminum 64-bit, and previously it worked saving. I was uniting multiple objects, decided to save and Zmod crashed. I opened the file again from the .bak file, but same problem. This time the .bak file had a file size of 0 bytes, compared to around 700 kb. The z3d file was also 0 bytes. Can anyone help?

PS, sorry if I'm bumping the topic
_RicH_

Post by _RicH_ »

sounds more like a permissions problem, are you using an administrator account?
joealker

Post by joealker »

_RicH_ wrote:sounds more like a permissions problem, are you using an administrator account?
Permissions problem? I also have no clue what you mean about admin account.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

Make sure you can save at least any scene (just a couple of objects) into the target folder. Some applications are not allowed to access user profile "my documents" folder unless certain permissions are defined. So, give a try to any small scene;

If you can save and load files from the folder in a question, then it's not a "permissions" issue.

Also, when you unite multiple objects, you can hit the limit of vertices per object. 64K (~65000) vertices in one object is the limit; An attempt to save the scene with an object over this limit could fail.
joealker

Post by joealker »

Oleg wrote:Make sure you can save at least any scene (just a couple of objects) into the target folder. Some applications are not allowed to access user profile "my documents" folder unless certain permissions are defined. So, give a try to any small scene;

If you can save and load files from the folder in a question, then it's not a "permissions" issue.

Also, when you unite multiple objects, you can hit the limit of vertices per object. 64K (~65000) vertices in one object is the limit; An attempt to save the scene with an object over this limit could fail.
I use a different folder to my documents C:/Users/Ar/Desktop/MM2 Mods/MM2 Projects/Temsa Avenue
I am using an admin account as only one account is on my laptop, so it is a problem of vertices. Question is, how, to reduce amount of vertices? I am converting from bus driver gold using pmg filter from zmod 2.2.2 saving to old z3d file then opening with 1.07b to export to pkg for mm2.
joealker

Post by joealker »

Oleg wrote:Make sure you can save at least any scene (just a couple of objects) into the target folder. Some applications are not allowed to access user profile "my documents" folder unless certain permissions are defined. So, give a try to any small scene;

I use a different folder to my documents C:/Users/Ar/Desktop/MM2 Mods/MM2 Projects/Temsa Avenue
I am using an admin account as only one account is on my laptop, so it is a problem of vertices. Question is, how, to reduce amount of vertices? I am converting from bus driver gold using pmg filter from zmod 2.2.2 saving to old z3d file then opening with 1.07b to export to pkg for mm2.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

make sure to delete all dummy objects in ZModeler2; rename all other parts to part#1, part#2 and so on;
you can select group of polygons and apply Modify\Submesh\Detach to detach them into separate object. Thus, you can reduce vertices/polygons count per object.