i have a issue with z modeler

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

anasdrive

i have a issue with z modeler

Post by anasdrive »

hey my name is Anas Sajjad, i am a freelancer. i have some project like copying stuff from freemode character to normal peds like on ig_bankman. but everytime i have a issue with hairs and beard also with transparent things like biker helmet glass . when i copy hairs related things to normal ped. and when i test it in gta5 then color of that hair is changing like a bug. like if the texture color is black game will automatically change its color to grey and instantly back to black.

the process which i used for this task. i just export the skel and the mesh from open iv then i change mash name to its yft name. i import normal ped first then i import new yft and ydd file of hair. then i just rigged it with normal ped skel. after that i export it. but hair is not looking good. same happened with alpha channels like biker mask and etc. let me know where is the issue. thanks for reading my post .

here is test https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1-QHNIVTDw
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: i have a issue with z modeler

Post by Oleg »

I don't know how hair and fur shader in game is implemented, may be some important data is lost on import or export. The very first thing to do would be to import original ped model with hair and export with no changes. If it suffers the same bug, then something is actually lost on import/export.

I remind the hair shader is assigned onto geometry fragment and there is also another geometry "hull object" around hair that is also assigned this shader. i guess this hull geometry has some important data for hair shader. That's what i've seen on female ped I used in cloth-simulation tests.
anasdrive

Post by anasdrive »

if i import original yft and hairs ydd file. and i export it with or without any changes. no issue found.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

ok, if you import all your custom model (A) into the original model (B) that has hair, configure and export your scene as model (B), does it suffer the issue?

I suppose something is not being configured on model (A) when you bring hair-shader model into this scene.
anasdrive

Post by anasdrive »

actually once i import freemode first then i import normal ped like ig_bankman in same scene. when i export normal ped from same scene i found all hairs of normal ped was glitched.
Oleg
Site Admin

Post by Oleg »

so, you have a combination in hands that can get exported fine and another combination that can be exported with bugged hair. the idea is to make step by step from "good" scene to "bad" scene and find when the problem occurs. For example, when you import ig_bankman.ydd file into your scene with freemode ped, it is likely the import will reuse available materials rather than creating materials from ig_bankman.ydd file. If you delete all materials before importing ig_bankman.ydd - ZModeler will create new materials; make an export and test - if you get no hair issue, then "old" materials are the cause.

Same goes to skeleton located in .global - it could be causing the issue too.
anasdrive

Post by anasdrive »

okay i will try this. thanks boss for you response