What happend with my mesh?

Discuss ZModeler 1 series issues here, ask for help and help others to become advanced users

Moderator: Oleg

theaorora

What happend with my mesh?

Post by theaorora »

So i imported my mesh in zmodeler but the faces are separated. Its okay in other 3d software like maya tho.
How do i fix it? Please help me
Oleg
Site Admin

Re: What happend with my mesh?

Post by Oleg »

Most of export formats from 3dsMax or Maya produce split vertices, so every triangle gets its own 3 unique vertices. However, some of these vertices are absolutely identical (position, normal vector, uv mapping, color, rigging, etc.). If you toggle an import option "Optimize vertices" you are likely to get a model with nearly the same mesh as you had before. Some limitations apply like edges on shape where uv-mapping differs, but it's oK.

Also, I can see a random lines in viewports, it looks like your hardware bugs the rendering. this usually happens on laptop devices when ZModeler uses embedded video card (e.g. on-chicp Intel Graphics). If you have another video card in your laptop, you should configure this video card to be a preferred for ZModeler application. I had to do the same on my Acer laptop, so ZModeler can finally "see" an availability of GeForce card. I do this in nVidia control panel tool.